NBD - Sire Marcus Miller V3

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• pottolompottolom Frets: 114
    edited August 2018
    It's completely irrational. I love G&L guitars, and have hankered after an L-2000 for a while. I couldn't really justify the price, though, so went for the Sire.

Well, I sold some photography equipment recently, and now have the money, so.....

And no, absolutely no problem with the instrument at all. Just silly old GAS.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24581
    pottolom said:
    It's completely irrational. I love G&L guitars, and have hankered after an L-2000 for a while. I couldn't really justify the price, though, so went for the Sire.

Well, I sold some photography equipment recently, and now have the money, so.....

And no, absolutely no problem with the instrument at all. Just silly old GAS.
    Ahhhh yes the L-2000’s are very nice ;)
  • L-2000's are very nice. Have you played one? The neck is pretty chunky---that's how I ended up with an M-2000.
  • KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3307
    edited February 2019
    Another Sire for me today and I've just bought an all black V3 from Andertons - they're now the bargainistic price of £199!! I don't know how a product of this spec an quality can go out for that price.

https://www.andertons.co.uk/sire-marcus-miller-v3-4-string-in-black-v34bk?LGWCODE=V34BK;56375;6335&gclid=Cj0KCQiAtP_iBRDGARIsAEWJA8hwLp50P9LxmyT9k2t10ZO5SNDJdzkRULQ8N5gHsXbL_ZQb0eznGbIaAlfKEALw_wcB

It says something when there were 10 of these in stock this morning and now there are just 6! It's been a real success story for Andertons and the company.

Same wonderful Marcus Miller preamp as the one on my V7 and that alone must cost. The neck is a fraction wider than the V7 and there's a few differences (the bridge, pickups and string tree)

I tried a couple and settled on my one as I thought it was the best player of the bunch, but it was also the lightest (it's mahogany but I'm surprised it weighs less than my Alder V7) and I've been told that Sire weights are somewhat inconsistent.

Their acoustics have been well-received and rumour has it that electrics are on their way