Big Audience for my backline - L7 impressed me

What's Hot
mr-macmr-mac Frets: 200
edited July 2018 in Amps
Got a call from Guns 2 Roses the other day (have been band for bumblefoot on uk tour and other very cool stuff)....

There is no backline for fake fest at weekend do you know anyone that can help lol 

First question from me (i assume all the tone/distortion is created in the pedalboard and amps are just used clean)... Yes...  So managed to borrow a peavey tnt150 bass amp, fix my high hat stand (well make one out of two), re-skin my snare... 

So there we have it, a borrowed bass amp and my amps/drum bits and I am providing g2r a backline for a decent crowd (think they expect about 1500 people.  Ok not their usual makes/models but reckon it will actually be more than capable.

Amp1      Lab Series L7 (4x10) - full 100w RMS
Amp2      Crated Vintage Club 5212 - 50w valve
Bass Amp    Peavey TNT150
cymbol stands, snare (new remo controlled sound), small floor tom, mapex double kick pedal.  

All loaded in car ready to go later.  Be interesting to see how well it all works on a bigger stage (well if fake fest PA/soundman is any good) but both amps give a seriously compelling clean channel that takes pedals very well and both a plenty loud.

Will try and take a couple of acceptable vids.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• mrkbmrkb Frets: 6822
    Cool, I’d be interested in what pedals they use to get slash’s tones
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • mr-macmr-mac Frets: 200
    edited July 2018
    Usually, more local they take own backline so guess the pedals will be a backup setup.  Will try and have a nosey or ask for ya.
    Least i ain't worried about amps embarrassing me or not being up to job...  

knopfler used the crate live and studio for about 25years and well BBking used the same amp (though 2x12) and both have stunning clean channels and both are seriously loud with loads of headroom.
    edited July 2018
    @mrkb ;

Either amp on low gain cruch with low gain on modified 808spec boss SD1.....  or amp on clean with higher gain on SD1/808mod to get the crunch channel. 

To get the nasal lead tone he uses a joyo eq pedal on top of that setup.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Amps performed amazingly (pa/sound man wasn't so impressive at all).
    edited July 2018

Rhythm was peavey vintage Club vc5212 on crunch channel....

lead was Lab Series L7 with 808 modded Boss SD1 and joyo eq for lead).  Though PA stripped all the trebble our of the sound so off stage although sounded nice it misses the attack and detail/harmonics that should have been there (and were there straight from amp).  Would have taken sound man seconds to eq it better.

bass was off friends berigher head/cab. 
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 6822
    mr-mac said:
    @mrkb ;

Either amp on low gain cruch with low gain on modified 808spec boss SD1.....  or amp on clean with higher gain on SD1/808mod to get the crunch channel. 

Thanks, didn’t realise the sd1 was a Marshall sound- will investigate!
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    mrkb said:
    mr-mac said:
    @mrkb ;

Thanks, didn’t realise the sd1 was a Marshall sound- will investigate!
    Ot probs isn't, i guess his normal sound is low crunch Marshall with 808 modded sd1 in front (so sd1 changed to tube screamer spec)
    edited July 2018
    Went to Greenock as well...

Lab Series L7 on dirt channel with boss SD1 (808 mod) and joyo eq in front.

rhythm this time was gsp1101 / groove tubes trio as vintage Club decided to be dead (turns out was just a bloody wire came off)