Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Northampton Guitar Show - Sun 7th Oct

What's Hot
123457»

Comments

• ThorpyFXThorpyFX Frets: 6220
    tFB Trader
    mrkb said:
    Does @thorpyfx’s demo guy post on here, or is he lucky enough to have a real life?
    He does indeed post on here 
    Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • NikcNikc Frets: 627
    My son bought a Tele Baja and is loving it :)
  • SteveFSteveF Frets: 539
    Nikc said:
    Was that the Sonic Blue one? If so, we saw him having a play in the corner of the live room towards the end and I was jealous - I'd been eyeing it up.  Very very nice.  Not that I was going to buy it, mind you, the Mrs would have killed me! I think new guitars are out for now following the R8. For a while at least. 
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14387
    tFB Trader
    impmann said:
    impmann said:
    Did anyone buy anything - other than strings, pots etc?

This followed me home...

https://imgur.com/a/pBwJfQx

(Would imbed it but it won’t on my iPhone)
    I think Barry sold 4 guitars - I think that came from Barry didn't it - The stand next to me

I did okay but nothing special - Just the 1 guitar at this show but a tasty price so can't argue - Often about what you take a few days/weeks later as well via new potential contacts etc
    Yup. That was from Barry
    remind me - Ref the Hayman 2020H - I'l be getting it back soon after re-fret work - Did you say they had 100K pots ? - And did you suggest 250 or 500K - can't recall which you said you changed yours to 
  • impmannimpmann Frets: 12678
    Hayman 2020H (and all Shergolds) were originally fitted with 100k pots. I change them out to 500k Log pots (usually CTS) and it’s like a curtain is lifted from the sound. Much more top, and they sound less ‘cloudy’ in the mids.

Hope that helps, Mark.
    Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

• guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14387
    tFB Trader
    impmann said:
    Hayman 2020H (and all Shergolds) were originally fitted with 100k pots. I change them out to 500k Log pots (usually CTS) and it’s like a curtain is lifted from the sound. Much more top, and they sound less ‘cloudy’ in the mids.

Hope that helps, Mark.
    excellent - As I mentioned the goal is to ensure it can be the best it can be regarding how it performs, yet retain a sensible pricing - Looks mighty cool - see so few for sale today

Steve Robinson is under taking the fret work, so should have it back in about 10 days, so will look at electrics later
  • NikcNikc Frets: 627
    SteveF said:
    Nikc said:
    Was that the Sonic Blue one? If so, we saw him having a play in the corner of the live room towards the end and I was jealous - I'd been eyeing it up.  Very very nice.  Not that I was going to buy it, mind you, the Mrs would have killed me! I think new guitars are out for now following the R8. For a while at least. 
    Yes we were sat there as he couldn't wait to go home and have a noddle ;)