Should I sell my Telecaster?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72559
    Roland said:

Conversely I do like the neck position. The switch I’ve solved by moving it to the back of the plate, and the body shape with forearm and belly chamfers.
    I also absolutely hate a reversed plate, it just puts all the controls in the wrong places... and contoured bodies on a Tele. I actually like the squared edges, it's just that the body is slightly too big for a solid. Hard to explain why, I know - a Strat is the same, whereas my Aria 'sort of Strat' is perfect, being a bit skinnier.

I've got a nice Tele here on loan just now, in fact - pretty much my perfect one, a Mexican Classic 50s in white blonde, maple neck, steel bridge saddles etc (crap bridge pickup, but it can be changed)... but I'm probably not going to buy it because I know it would just frustrate me until I sold it.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • dangriffithsdangriffiths Frets: 574
    Unless you need money or space - keep it
  • vasselmeyervasselmeyer Frets: 3674
    The only thing better than a Telecaster is two Telecasters.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
  • robinbowesrobinbowes Frets: 3052
    ICBM said:.

I've got a nice Tele here on loan just now, in fact - pretty much my perfect one, a Mexican Classic 50s in white blonde, maple neck, steel bridge saddles etc (crap bridge pickup, but it can be changed)... but I'm probably not going to buy it because I know it would just frustrate me until I sold it.
    Hoe much is it?

R.
    robinbowes said:

Hoe much is it?
    I don't know - "whatever they go for" I assume. 2016 model, perfect condition, slightly fatter neck than I like but not ridiculous. If you're seriously interested I'll ask.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• jdgmjdgm Frets: 852
    edited July 2018
    Keep it if it has a maple board.
  • jdgm said:
    Keep it if it has a maple board.
    Ha, why does that matter? It's Rosewood, but I have been edging toward a maple board funnily enough.
    Read my guitar/gear blog at medium.com/redchairriffs

View my feedback at www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/1201922
  • NikcNikc Frets: 627
    keep it 
  • IMO, right now, you are experiencing a honeymoon period with your latest acquisition. You will (and should) be enjoying exploring its capabilities. Eventually, you will need a sound that the latest acquisition does not do as readily as your previous acquisitions.
    Lots of sense in this and everyone else in this thread. Thanks all. Appreciate the input!
    Read my guitar/gear blog at medium.com/redchairriffs

View my feedback at www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/1201922
  • robinbowesrobinbowes Frets: 3052
    ICBM said:
    robinbowes said:

Hoe much is it?
    I don't know - "whatever they go for" I assume. 2016 model, perfect condition, slightly fatter neck than I like but not ridiculous. If you're seriously interested I'll ask.
    Can you post a pic of it or a similar model? I'm not sure what "white blond" is. I am mildly seriously interested - I like a fat neck and my current MIJ Tele is a little slim. That said, I have an unexpected corporation tax bill to pay so I probably shouldn't be buying guitars... :)

R.
    I’ll PM you when I’ve asked the owner :).

• BellycasterBellycaster Frets: 5864
    Selling a Tele is worse than someone selling one of their children. Don't do it, you may think as time passes that it's all forgotten, but you will be judged and you'll face the wrath in the end :)
    Only a Fool Would Say That.
  • victorludorumvictorludorum Frets: 1026
    Didn't David Gilmour once ask himself this question too?
  • BluesyDaveBluesyDave Frets: 412
    As others have said, unless finacially driven....keep it.  
    No Darling....I've had that ages.
  • OilCityPickupsOilCityPickups Frets: 10604
    tFB Trader
    Schnozz said:
    If you have a Strat and a Les Paul/SG then you don't need a Tele
    Every guitarist needs a Telecaster 
    Preferably several ... 
    Professional pickup winder, horse-testpilot and recovering Chocolate Hobnob addict.
    Formerly TheGuitarWeasel ... Oil City Pickups  ... Oil City Blog 7 String.org profile and message  

• I've not read the rest of the posts, but the use of "telecaster" (singular) implies you only have one telecaster.
    Selling it would leave you with NO telecasters, this is not a satisfactory state of affairs. 

To answer your query "Should I sell my telecaster?" The answer must be "NO". Simple. 

;-)
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7344
    I don't get it - you have 382 wisdom frets but you come here and ask this Q???
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>