NGD - Les Paul

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• BoromedicBoromedic Frets: 4870
    Wow! Lovely that, much prefer a plainer top. Enjoy and HNGD!

My head said brake, but my heart cried never.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • NeilNeil Frets: 3637
    Very nice indeed.

Lovely to actually get what you have always yearned for. 
  • CHRISB50CHRISB50 Frets: 4319
    That is one marvellous looking Les Paul. Enjoy.

I can't help about the shape I'm in, I can't sing I ain't pretty and my legs are thin

But don't ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer that you want me to

• duotoneduotone Frets: 995
    Very nice! Are you keeping the pickguard on?
  • RMJRMJ Frets: 1274
    duotone said:
    Very nice! Are you keeping the pickguard on?
    Of course I am!!!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Musicman20Musicman20 Frets: 2333
    Plain tops are SO much nicer. Understated and cool.
  • usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3842
    Plain tops are SO much nicer. Understated and cool.
    Indeed.
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

• meep-meepmeep-meep Frets: 2
    RMJ said:
    Ever since I started playing guitar I always wanted to own a custom shop Les Paul. I'm 40 in January so I was going to buy one as a present to myself then. But the Peach 24hr 10% discount on all stock made the temptation to pull the trigger now too much to bear!

Its a 2017 1958 standard in dirty lemon. Peach had several that were already discounted (presumably as 2017 'old stock') and I took the punt to buy without trying it. But its wonderful. The top is very understated, which I like, but it plays and sounds like an absolute dream. In fact I'm loving it more every time I pick it up. 

I've owned a 2013 Les Paul Traditional from new  (now in the classifieds ;) ) - AB'd against this made me realise just how good the Traditional is. Whilst I love that guitar, I always had an itch for a Custom Shop, and wondered what the extra outlay actually buys you. For me its fine margins - they both weigh same, 9lb. The CS sound appeals to me more and the volume and tone controls provide such a wide variety of tones - the best sounds for me are with the volume and tone rolled back - flutey heaven! The CS is slightly more resonant and feels a tad nicer in the hand. I also prefer the VOS finish, though that's entirely subjective. Aggregated these things make it more appealing to pick up, play and improve, which for me justified the extra over cost. 

Anyway...I'm well happy.

It's pretty. Big fan of the subtler tops. Thankfully we've mostly buried the quilted maple nightmares of the 90's.