Archtop body & neck without hardware?

KristoKristo Frets: 131
Does anyone know where I might be able to get a project unfinished archtop body with fitted neck? Ideally without any screw holes for tuners and a tailpiece. Cheers.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• guitargeek62guitargeek62 Frets: 4161
    China?
  • WezVWezV Frets: 16751
    Do you mean a fully hollow acoustic archtop, or a solid body carved top, or something in between?  Many people (incorrectly) describe a les Paul as an arch top,  so worth clarifying.

there are a few options out there, but most acoustic archtop kits I have seen need the neck to be fit.  

You might find a stripped down old archtop, but 9 times out of 10 they are more work than fitting a neck on a new kit would be 
    edited July 2018
    You will be importing if its a kit

Archtop kits here after the 335 style stuff
    https://www.pitbullguitars.com/hollow-body-guitar-kits/
  • KristoKristo Frets: 131
    Ideally a hollow arch top, something like a Gretsch New Yorker or Loar LH300.
    I’m hoping to put together a short scale arch top bass from it. 
    what are you thinking of for the scale length?  
      Most will be a normal guitar scale, and a short scale bass is at least 5” longer

Could be done with a new fretboard, but that’s no less work than fitting a neck

• KristoKristo Frets: 131
    About 26 inches. I’ve got a classical guitar converted to bass from Brandoni and it is great. With a short tailpiece it can take short scale bass strings, and is currently set up with Labella 65-115 tapewounds.  Just looking to see if an arch top can do a similar thing.