I'm going to do it

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• slateslate Frets: 89
    timmysoft said:
    What are people using for IR's, i'd love to try a few out, especially the Creamback ones.

So far i'm very impressed with the JTM45, Jcm800 and the Recto emulations, they're all very close to the actual amps. I'm convinced the onboard cabs aren't going to be as good as the aftermarket IRs, but i'm willing to be wrong. 

I've barely scratched the surface of what the Helix can do, but its already changing the way i play, write and approach the tones for the band.
    You want the celestion creamback pack ducky - next loud club I'll load them up for ya ;-)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TTBZTTBZ Frets: 2898
    edited August 2018
    Ownhammer have a free Mesa 4x12 pack so I'd start with that. The Celestion ones are a bit more "raw" sounding. I prefer OH. Bit thicker and warmer which seemed to work better with Helix Native when I tried it.
  • timmysofttimmysoft Frets: 1962
    Tried the OwnHammer freebie Mesa cab and it’s bloody brilliant! It feels a bit more present and bold than the inbuilt cabs.

im more impressed with the helix every time I use it. The workflow on it is so easy to get to grips with, it’s just a joy to play through. 

Ive been spending most my time on the JTM45 Bright, then using the fx section to add different flavours to the core tone in stompbox mode. The sd1 model is pretty much bang on so most of the time I’ve just been using that! 
  • TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7802
    Glad you are liking it @timmysoft, I've said it often enough on here, but it's been the best bit of gear I've ever purchased. It just makes life so much easier, sounds good, very flexible, easy to use and means I spend more time playing and less time faffing. Recording with it is a dream.

It might not be perfect, and people seem to be able to find fault to stop them buying / using it, but for me, damn I'm glad they invented it.