Vibrato Content: Nice and subtle...

What's Hot
HarrySevenHarrySeven Frets: 8033
edited July 2018 in Guitar

I always think that RTO's are the most perfect, barely intrusive installation on any guitar...

Either that, or they look like the unholy union of a Washburn Wonderbar and a washboard... :open_mouth: 

HarrySeven - Intangible Asset Appraiser & Wrecker of Civilisation. Searching for weird guitars - so you don't have to.
Forum feedback thread.    |     G&B interview #1 & #2   |  https://www.instagram.com/_harry_seven_/ 

3reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• WezVWezV Frets: 16760
    The principles seem very similar to the wonderbar/shift trem.  

I wonder if the extra length helps reduce the stiff feel they can have.

it is ugly, but if it works I would forgive that 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • HarrySevenHarrySeven Frets: 8033
    From the website:

”This is achieved by the basic geometry of the RTO design; the position of the main pivot in relationship to the strings and springs. Basically, most all of the pressure and tension is evenly distributed on its main pivot. In the main pivot, RTO uses the finest, strongest, frictionless bearings available, helping to achieve this end result.

String breakage is negated and the same principal of design achieves tune-stability. As the string enters the tremolo, it first passes across a brass roller riding on hardened steel pins. Next it goes under the grooved brass roller with it own individual shielded ball bearing that rides on the “Hold-down” pin. Next it again rides in a brass groove, up and over the main pivot. Then the string rides on the top of the rocker exiting down an angled hole where there is a recessed hole for the ball end of the string. What this accomplishes for reducing string breakage and tune-stability is really a great thing. Picture the string routing in the tremolo as described. When the springs pull tight on the tension of the strings, it accomplished two main things. One, it pulls down and stretches the strings to one stable point, tightly on the string finger rollers, against the hold-down roller, against and over the main pivot, against the forward portion of the rocker, against the downward hole drilled in the rocker where the ball end of the string is positioned and then tight against the ball end of the string, all points tightly held; it literally pulls down and stretches to one final point. That is the nature of the RTO's tune-stability.”

HarrySeven - Intangible Asset Appraiser & Wrecker of Civilisation. Searching for weird guitars - so you don't have to.
    Forum feedback thread.    |     G&B interview #1 & #2   |  https://www.instagram.com/_harry_seven_/ 

• mikeyrob73mikeyrob73 Frets: 4674
    Needs more metal bits 
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14346
    tFB Trader
    I bet Alton Towers are looking at this for some new thriller ride - especially after reading the info provided by H
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • OilCityPickupsOilCityPickups Frets: 10636
    tFB Trader
    I wound up ultimately disappointed by the Stetsbar I fitted to my Flying V: it was overly sensitive and had no real 'feel'. Love to give one of these a go ... even if it is kinda pig ugly. 
    Professional pickup winder, horse-testpilot and recovering Chocolate Hobnob addict.
    Formerly TheGuitarWeasel ... Oil City Pickups  ... Oil City Blog 7 String.org profile and message  

• HarrySevenHarrySeven Frets: 8033
    In a weird way, I kinda like it...

• Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 23055
    Either that, or they look like the unholy union of a Washburn Wonderbar and a washboard... open_mouth 
    I was thinking Wonderbar, mounted on a Vibramate, with a radiator welded on the back.

From the website:

What this accomplishes for reducing string breakage and tune-stability is really a great thing. 

And that sounds like it was tweeted by Donald Trump.
  • OilCityPickupsOilCityPickups Frets: 10636
    tFB Trader
    I've always called a Floyd Rose a 'nail on combine harvester' bridge ... this is like a screw on steel jukebox!
    And in a kinda weird way I like it too! 
    Professional pickup winder, horse-testpilot and recovering Chocolate Hobnob addict.
    Formerly TheGuitarWeasel ... Oil City Pickups  ... Oil City Blog 7 String.org profile and message  

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TA22GTTA22GT Frets: 362
    Good heavens..........no........just NO!
  • meltedbuzzboxmeltedbuzzbox Frets: 10339
    that looks like the terminators foot
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • HHwarnerHHwarner Frets: 137
    Would be a good installation on an SG. That would cure the neck dive!!!! 
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14568
    Belongs on one of those Tailfin guitars from the Nineties or, perhaps, the Ibanez H.R. Giger series.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • thermionicthermionic Frets: 9671
    On the plus side, if you change your mind about fitting a trem on a Les Paul, you'll be able to enjoy freshly-squeezed orange juice every morning.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • AnderzAnderz Frets: 30
    I don't see why you would go through that trouble for such little value a locking tremolo has.
    Computer Shop UK Your PC Needs In One Place: https://computershopuk.com/
  • DanielsguitarsDanielsguitars Frets: 3299
    tFB Trader
    God that is ugly, don't care how good it is
    www.danielsguitars.co.uk
    (formerly customkits)