Anyone own or played a B&G Crossroads Guitar?

lovestrat74lovestrat74 Frets: 2537
If so what are they like? Do they play like a junior?

Intrigued...
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• interstellarinterstellar Frets: 486
    i breifly had a little sister crossroads, very nice to play, I didnt like the p90's much and felt that its an expensive guitar for what it is..albeit very cool one at that
  • lovestrat74lovestrat74 Frets: 2537
    i breifly had a little sister crossroads, very nice to play, I didnt like the p90's much and felt that its an expensive guitar for what it is..albeit very cool one at that
    What was the neck like? Was it slim? Did it feel like you were playing a small guitar - like a duo sonic or a mustang?
  • merlinmerlin Frets: 6758
    I have one. They're not trying to be a Junior, they have quite a different tonal and feel vibe which is not like a Junior at all. Think of them more like a small bodied, kind-of-Les-Paul shaped ES335 with P90s, and with the neck joining at the 14th fret. The bridge P90 is also not the same tonally as a P90 in a Junior. It's softer and "jazzier" if you get what I mean, helped by the semi-hollownes. 

Totally different experience. 
    merlin said:
    I have one. They're not trying to be a Junior, they have quite a different tonal and feel vibe which is not like a Junior at all. Think of them more like a small bodied, kind-of-Les-Paul shaped ES335 with P90s, and with the neck joining at the 14th fret. The bridge P90 is also not the same tonally as a P90 in a Junior. It's softer and "jazzier" if you get what I mean, helped by the semi-hollownes. 

Totally different experience. 
    Gotcha!
  • interstellarinterstellar Frets: 486
    What was the neck like? Was it slim? Did it feel like you were playing a small guitar - like a duo sonic or a mustang?
    neck was very nice IMO biggish, v shaped, it felt like playing a small acoustic but easier...played really well....better pickups and a less "gloss" finish and i would have kept it
  • JerkMoansJerkMoans Frets: 8811
    Not a Crossroads but I went all out crazy mental and got a Private Build. By all accounts they are more or less indistinguishable...

Fwiw what @merlin said: v different from a LP; they’re their own thing really. Light, resonant, super-responsive and utterly gorgeous.
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
  • TeyeplayerTeyeplayer Frets: 3281
    I believe @kjdowd has one in the classifieds. 
  • kjdowdkjdowd Frets: 852
    I did indeed. Regret letting it go. Lovely guitar. Agree with all the comments above on sound and playability. It’s its own thing. Very versatile but I used it for blues and for an acoustic band in place of an acoustic. I have some work funds incoming soon so am going to go for a private build. Highly recommended. 
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12438

Intrigued...
    You may as well just order it, I can tell by the quiver in your typing you've already bought it mate : )
  • JerkMoansJerkMoans Frets: 8811
    You can go and road test them at The North American Guitar, here in That London. Astonishing array of bright and shiny things, my precioussss...
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
    munckee said:

Intrigued...
    You may as well just order it, I can tell by the quiver in your typing you've already bought it mate : )
    @munckee - Can't afford one mate, we don't all get massive summertime bonuses you know ;)
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12438
    edited July 2018
    That's the perks of insurance, apart from the women and drugs obviously.  This years was a stonker, unfortunately missus munckee knew it was coming and my grab for the guitar fund was small!