Valuing a custom / partscaster

What's Hot
Bungle1Bungle1 Frets: 133
I'm thinking of selling a custom Telecaster that I built. The parts are all high spec i.e. Warmoth neck and body and custom Creamery pickups etc. I know how much I spent on it but I know it is unlikely to sell for that much. Any recommendations on how to work out a reasonable price for it?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• meltedbuzzboxmeltedbuzzbox Frets: 10339
    You will make the most from selling it in parts. 
    Look at the classifieds and get a rough feel of what all the parts are worth
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Bungle1Bungle1 Frets: 133
    Wow really, I hadn't thought of that.
  • chris78chris78 Frets: 9357
    It depends on how desirable the spec is. I’ve sold mjt partscasters for £600+. One was a broadcaster clone, the other a thinline blackguard tele. 
  • AnderzAnderz Frets: 30
    Also how well you advertise it. I know my partscaster well enough to know where the value is. So if I god forbid should come to put a price on it then I got something to go for.
    Computer Shop UK Your PC Needs In One Place: https://computershopuk.com/
  • Jack_Jack_ Frets: 3175
    Even the absolute best partscasters seem to cap out at about £500 max, no matter how high the spec is.

Probably because then you stray into the price of a used USA Fender, and while the partscaster might be better, once people part with a lot of money they want that backing that it being a product of a recognised brand brings.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom