SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD: Fender Johnny Marr Jaguar in black price drop

What's Hot
HattigolHattigol Frets: 8190
edited August 2018 in Guitars £
I love this guitar. But I played one of the new '58 Jazzmaster reissues the other day and loved it more - I only have room for one offset in my life so this one sadly has to go.

Fabulous condition. No dings, dints or any issues. Case and candy all included.Think I'm right in saying these were a limited edition and are sold out everywhere - happy to be corrected if that's wrong.

£1,350, now £1,275. 

Collection from Harrogate or may be able to travel a little to meet.
"Anybody can play. The note is only 20%. The attitude of the motherf*cker who plays it is  80%" - Miles Davis
0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• TeyeplayerTeyeplayer Frets: 3238
    Wow!!! Pm’d
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • meltedbuzzboxmeltedbuzzbox Frets: 10339
    Kudos on moving to a JM over a Jag. They are the better guitar. 
    Jags are a damn good second though
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • TeyeplayerTeyeplayer Frets: 3238

Love jm’s too, the mid pickup position is sublime -though my own personal gas at the mo is for a jag.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • HattigolHattigol Frets: 8190
    Cheers buddy. I'd keep them both if I could....
    "Anybody can play. The note is only 20%. The attitude of the motherf*cker who plays it is  80%" - Miles Davis
  • I love mine, so many great tones from it, and I have the black one as well. If I could afford a 2nd I'd buy one! GLWTS.
    I love mine, so many great tones from it, and I have the black one as well. If I could afford a 2nd I'd buy one! GLWTS.
    Thanks mate. 
    edited July 2018
    Ok, so pics are (hopefully) here:

http://imgur.com/a/oocC7i6

I've checked it over. There is a little bit of light pick rash on the pickguard but it is light at most - I've tried to show it in the pics but it's tricky with it being black. There is also the tiniest ding (which I think is a finish issue rather than dent) near the trem unit. Hard to photo as it really is tiny but thought I should mention it.

So there it is. Not new but probably as close as you'll get. Thanks for the offers so far but I think it's priced pretty fairly as it is.

Come and have a play up here in Harrogate. Any questions, fire away.
  • markblackmarkblack Frets: 1591

very nice - I have one in charcoal frost, great sound, great neck. GLWTS
  • That is a stunner, I will have to get one someday. It will be mine, oh yes, it will be mine. 
    markblack said:

very nice - I have one in charcoal frost, great sound, great neck. GLWTS
    Charcoal Frost - a Johnny Marr one?
    One more pic from when it was in the shop...better than any I could take.

• markblackmarkblack Frets: 1591
    @Hattigol - refinish, was white.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Aaah I see. Looks lovely.
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9591
    I loved my JMJ, and for some reason, it was one of the most 'melodic' guitars I played. GLWTS
  • markblack said:
    @Hattigol - refinish, was white.

Inserts crying emoji - biggest regret ever selling that one. 
    Here's your chance for a replacement, buddy!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • blueskunkblueskunk Frets: 2892
    I loved my JMJ, and for some reason, it was one of the most 'melodic' guitars I played. GLWTS
    #metoo
    Ok, so I'm pretty sure I had priced this fairly well but it's still here. Replacement guitar is arriving soon so I'd like to move it on. Hence price drop to £1,275 firm. No trades, thanks.
    Sale tentatvely agreed.
    Sold.