If I Could See Just One Artitst Live This Week...Steve Earle

WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9627
edited July 2018 in Guitar
it would be Steve Earle...

Having wanted to see him for years, very few European gigs, he appears at Birmingham institute....

... in my birthday week.

Happy days !

You ?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• gringopiggringopig Frets: 2648
    edited July 2020
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14605
    This week? Nothing really appeals.

Too late for The Flight Of The Conchords. Too soon for P. J. Harvey. 

I'd be more likely to buy tickets for a stand-up comedian show.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • BlueingreenBlueingreen Frets: 2612
    edited July 2018
    Kurt Rosenwinkel is top of my wish list.  Saw him in Berlin about 3 or 4 years ago and one of the best things I've seen.  I'd particularly love to see him with a big band/orchestra like the Metropole or the Frankfurt Radio.

Went to the North Sea Jazz in Rotterdam a couple of weeks ago.  I'm not normally the type of guitarist whose main musical interest is name guitarists, but I saw an absolutely unbelievable list of great guitarists in a short time.  Mark Lettieri, "Captain" Kirk Douglas (of The Roots, an absolute monster), Guy Clark Jnr, Bill Frisell, Philip Catherine.  Could also have seen Metheney and Scofield but have seen both several times and chose to see other things.
    “To a man with a hammer every problem looks like a nail.”
  • bingefellerbingefeller Frets: 5723
    it would be Steve Earle...

Having wanted to see him for years, very few European gigs, he appears at Birmingham institute....

... in my birthday week.

Happy days !

You ?
    He was playing Belfast there the other day.  My mate went to see him and he said he was great.  

https://www.giggingni.com/2018/07/steve-earle-the-dukes-limelight-belfast-25th-july-2018/

• AlterlifesonAlterlifeson Frets: 479
    Damn! Would have loved to see him, he was the soundtrack of my teenage years, both of my parents are massive fans.
  • clarkefanclarkefan Frets: 808
    Great question.  

JD Simo.  Just a shocking player live IMO. Honestly, if I had a choice on the same night between Simo and say, Jeff Beck, it would be Simo.  After many many gigs in my life I can truthfully say he was the first player who burned right through.

The gig only lasted 40 mins or something and that was fine, no padding, he doesn't have any hits so no problem, I'm just grateful I was there.
  • Strat54Strat54 Frets: 2417
    Saw Steve Earle & The Dukes a dozen or more times back in the day....a great artist. Even on drink and drugs he was amazing. 
    Fulfilling a fairly lengthy ambition to see Jim Campilongo live in the US next month.....can't wait.
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24852
    If I can stretch the time-frame slightly - I’d like to see the Richard Thompson Electric Trio - outdoors at Gawsworth Hall - which I will be doing the week after next....
  • Nine Inch Nails, The Cure, War on Drugs or Kurt Vile. Oops just the one was it? Will settle with seeing Ride at festival 6 in September. 
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33851
    edited July 2018
    Soundgarden- they were the one band of the 90's I never got to see- I guess I won't now.

• StevepageStevepage Frets: 3072
    This week? Nothing really appeals.

Too late for The Flight Of The Conchords. Too soon for P. J. Harvey. 

I'd be more likely to buy tickets for a stand-up comedian show.
    Flight of the Conchords were hilarious in Hammersmith btw
  • gringopiggringopig Frets: 2648
    edited July 2020
  • octatonic said:
    Soundgarden- they were the one band of the 90's I never got to see- I guess I won't now.

Saw them three times as they were my no 1 band. But never got to see Nirvana, PJ, AIC or the Pumpkins.