anyone ever been afraid...

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• AnderzAnderz Frets: 30

No not all. My partscaster Blackie is a good reason why as it always sounds and feels the same. 

The above picture is from the 3rd update in 2014 where it got completely dismantled but the neck, pickups and body/tremelo bridge where the same.

The body dates to September 1977 made by Schecter in their parts days and so does the brass bridge/block.

This guitar feels good, sounds good regardless of what I do and I don't have to do anything but play it.

Computer Shop UK Your PC Needs In One Place: https://computershopuk.com/
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RockerRocker Frets: 4993
    I have a single pickup Gibson Melody Maker (volume control but no tone control fitted) and I fitted a replacement pickup. Changed the sound completely, I much preferred the stock Gibson pickup so soon the original is going to be refitted. No plans to fit a tone control either, it has a great raw punk rock sound the way it came out of the factory and I like that sound. A bit like a really good hot Tele without the hum....
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

• clarkefanclarkefan Frets: 808
    Rocker said:
    I have a single pickup Gibson Melody Maker (volume control but no tone control fitted) and I fitted a replacement pickup. Changed the sound completely, I much preferred the stock Gibson pickup so soon the original is going to be refitted. No plans to fit a tone control either, it has a great raw punk rock sound the way it came out of the factory and I like that sound. A bit like a really good hot Tele without the hum....
    Great description! I can almost hear that guitar :)
  • Andyjr1515Andyjr1515 Frets: 3128
    ICBM said:
    Don’t ever irreversibly modify a guitar you love... it can only go one way.

If it’s something you only like, or don’t really like, then get the router out.
    ^ wise words here.

I've modded many of my own guitars - but always because of a feature that was never right or always disappointing.  Trying to make a 'killer' guitar better is, as @ICBM says, very likely to end in disappointment.  It will certainly reduce dramatically the resale value.

• BlueingreenBlueingreen Frets: 2612
    I've refretted a few guitars with bigger frets.  Every single time it's improved playability for me personally, usually significantly.  There's still a bit of ambivent feeling about it though.  The thought that you've spent a couple of hundred quid on something that reduced the value of your guitar and makes it harder to sell will always niggle a bit. You need to feel pretty certain it's a keeper.
    “To a man with a hammer every problem looks like a nail.”
  • cm01cm01 Frets: 466
    So almost a year on I took the plunge...

https://i.imgur.com/BWV8S2e.jpg
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TenebrousTenebrous Frets: 1332
    That's lovely.
  • cm01cm01 Frets: 466
    Tenebrous said:
    That's lovely.
    It’s a beautiful thing - just need to work out if I want to go for bigger frets now