Yamaha Guitar Workshop - Praise

What's Hot
baldybaldy Frets: 195
On Thursday morning I emailed Yamaha customer service to enquire about some replacement parts for a 1992 RGX 121D.
When I got home from work there was a reply waiting asking me to email my enquiry to the above & that they would check availablity, delivery time & costs.
I did this & on Friday evening when I returned from work there was an email waiting stating that they had the parts, the price (£8.50 including delivery) & that they would ring me on Monday for payment.
Monday morning I received a telephone call from them for payment & when I got in from work Tuesday evening the parts had arrived.
It is the first time that I have dealt with them & I must say that I am very impressed.
I have 3 Yamaha guitars & think that their guitars are superb.
I now also think that their customer service is also superb.
Big thumbs up to Yamaha Guitar Workshop.
0reaction image LOL 10reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Good to hear someone is doing things well. I worked in retail/repair for many years and never had any problems with Yamaha. I still have 2 Yamaha guitars from the 80's that are still going strong.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • steersteer Frets: 1196
    Very good. I would not expect that from such a big company in relation to such a small matter, on such an old guitar 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Agreed, I emailed them for a manual for an 1980s SG I bought second hand and had a PDF copy emailed back a few days (if that later). I didn't really even expect them to reply at all. 
  • WolfetoneWolfetone Frets: 1479
    Unfortunately my experience was the opposite. I love Yamaha guitars but bought a brand new SG2000 in 2009. The bridge was rattly and whatever I tried, I could stop the rattle. I contacted Yamaha, gave them the details and waited, and waited..........never was resolved. 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • baldybaldy Frets: 195
    It is my only experience with Yamaha Guitar Workshop but I am pleasantly surprised at the speed of the transaction & service for £6 worth of parts (£2.50 postage).
    I phoned PMT several times at the beginning of the year about something I had bought from them (about £180) that when I got it home & unboxed it there was a part missing.
    Took about 4 weeks to finally get an answer off them after being told each time that I rang that someone would look into it & phone me straight back. 
    After 4 weeks PMT said that I would have to contact the manufacturer.
    I pointed out that I had bought the item from them & not the manufacturer & that if they couldn"t supply the part I would return the item for a full refund & in the end that is what I had to do.
    Two completely different experiences.

• LordOxygenLordOxygen Frets: 319
    Well done Yamaha, i have a '94 RGX 121D (my oarents gave me for my 14th birthday, I'll never let it go for that reason) 
    Good to know Yam' still offsr support, it could do with a new switch.
  • TenebrousTenebrous Frets: 1332
    Glad to hear it. I've a bit of soft spot for Yamaha gear, as their stuff often represents incredible value for money (even new), and the 611 I have right now will never be sold. Great to know that if something goes wrong with it, Yamaha will do their best to sort me out.
  • TA22GTTA22GT Frets: 362
    I am a Yamaha fan and when I bought a SAS1500 semi guitar that came without a pick guard I contacted them. They said they would get back to me the next day with a price and availability.

They kept their promise. It was available and if I sent them £164:46 it would be with me in 2 weeks.

Hmm, I would like the guitar to have a pick guard but not that much!
  • baldybaldy Frets: 195
    They (Yamaha) phoned me Friday morning to check that the parts had arrived.
    Unbelievable service.
    I have 3 Yamaha"s, an ERG 121 an RGX 121D & a Pacifica 611.
    The RGX & 611 are keepers.
  • TenebrousTenebrous Frets: 1332
    baldy said:
    They (Yamaha) phoned me Friday morning to check that the parts had arrived.
    Unbelievable service.
    I have 3 Yamaha"s, an ERG 121 an RGX 121D & a Pacifica 611.
    The RGX & 611 are keepers.
    I was actually looking at the 90s Super-Strats after reading this thread, and some of the RG/RGX models you can get look like a real bargain.