Well done Katy Perry

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11793
    In all seriousness, Miss Perry is another female I'd bone till the end fell off my old chap
    FTFY
    GET OUT OF MY HEAD!! ....;)
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24581
    In all seriousness, Miss Perry is another female I'd bone till the end fell off my old chap
    FTFY
    GET OUT OF MY HEAD!! ....;)
    I don't think it's me you need to get out of there mate :)
  • ClarkyClarky Frets: 3261
    pigface said:
    Clarky said:

I've always made a big thing about it and will always spend time after gigs meeting and greeting
    even in the little tiny piece of the music world that I occupy, it really matters to me
    Good for you. I'm not usually keen to approach musicians even if they appear friendly :-) but I met Al di Meola after a gig once and he was great.
    that's sooooo cool...

earlier this year we played a festival with Steve Hackett in Portugal
    next morning we were at breakfast with him and his band
    awesome guys.. not just approachable, but really chatty and good fun to be around..
    even if I was a bit starstruck / fanboy around Steve... lol..
    we're playing with them again in Feb on Cruise to the Edge..
    I'm really looking forward to meeting up with them again..

meeting your heroes can go a lot of ways...
    Satch was a lovely falla..
    but Vai was such a disappointment.. I felt so deflated..
    however, after meeting Vai the bonus was having a beer with Sheehan..
    Billy is such a nice bloke.. one of the boys type.. we were chatting for ages about all sorts..

I love chatting with the audience.. they can really surprise you too...
    some fellas I was talking to in Norway had seen us before in Wales and Germany..
    a crowd in Germany came from Argentina to see us and another band
    a crowd in Portugal came to see us from Latvia..
    some folks in Tokyo had seen us before in Italy... and so on
    when you hear these sorts of things your jaw drops and you're like "WTF???"
    that sort of thing never fails to blow me away
    so.... I always make a big fuss of the fans..
    they care about us so much... and I care about them very much too..
    play every note as if it were your first
    0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • pigfacepigface Frets: 213
    Clarky said:

I love chatting with the audience.. they can really surprise you too...
    We seem to have hijacked the Katy Perry thread ....great post. I met Johnny Clegg in about 2014 after a gig in Mainz, Germany. He was a bit knackered after all the Zulu dancing, but friendly. I told him that I'd seen him playing with Juluka in Cape Town in 1982 and he was taken aback. He even remembered the gig because it was a big event for them at the time. There's a story behind the Clegg meeting but I'll save it for another thread.

Something I had forgotten about ... Al di Meola got married a few years later than me in the same wedding chapel in Vegas. 'A Special Memory Wedding Chapel'.
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7339
    Gulliver said:
    I'm just going to leave this here:

said Russell....
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
    joneve said:
    PR stunt or not, she doesn't really need the good PR, she does just fine without these things...so fair play to her. 

Also, Katy Perry; rawr! 
    I was thinking about this.. the thing about most "pop stars" is that they have their 15 minute bubble and then it pops and due to the fickle nature of chart followers the once superstar is back to being a nobody.. 

Sure Katy has probably beaten the 15 minute bubble, but i wonder if that is due to a good PR team keeping her relevant.
     We're all now talking about her, and i think @darthed1981 has just given all of her videos a few thousand views bumping her up the ole' rankings again.. so even in this small way, PR stunt has been a success. 
    Really don't know anything about her so i can't comment if she actually cares about fans or not, and to be fair to her, the songs are not the normal pop drivel that is on the radio for a week and then never heard again.

#thursdaythoughts. 

and yeah.. KP.. rawr!
    I think she’s a lot better than the average 15-minute pop princess, and also seems a lot more intelligent. She also knows exactly what she’s doing with her image - she’s well-known as a fan of 50s pin-up Bettie Page, which is what that pic above is all about :).

I don’t doubt this was a stunt up to a point, but does it matter? She made a young fan with big health worries very happy. She may well be a genuinely nice person too...

By the way, I heard an interview where she said she finds the English accent irresistible, which explains Russell Brand. That should give us all food for thought ;).

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7339
    /\ and she does play guitar...
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
    /\ and she does play guitar...
    She does indeed, really early song...

You are the dreamer, and the dream...
  • prowlaprowla Frets: 4929
    Can't say I'm a fan, but she didn't have to go and make that kid's day, so well done!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • peteripeteri Frets: 1283
    Not my sort of thing - but I have to say I think she's one of (if not the) smartest pop stars of her generation. She seems fully aware of what she's doing and very, very good at producing the right image.

That said - doesn't mean she's not a nice person, and regardless she made a sick kids day - so good luck to her
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • LuttiSLuttiS Frets: 2244
    ICBM said:
    LuttiS said:
    joneve said:
    PR stunt or not, she doesn't really need the good PR, she does just fine without these things...so fair play to her. 

Also, Katy Perry; rawr! 
    I was thinking about this.. the thing about most "pop stars" is that they have their 15 minute bubble and then it pops and due to the fickle nature of chart followers the once superstar is back to being a nobody.. 

Sure Katy has probably beaten the 15 minute bubble, but i wonder if that is due to a good PR team keeping her relevant.
     We're all now talking about her, and i think @darthed1981 has just given all of her videos a few thousand views bumping her up the ole' rankings again.. so even in this small way, PR stunt has been a success. 
    Really don't know anything about her so i can't comment if she actually cares about fans or not, and to be fair to her, the songs are not the normal pop drivel that is on the radio for a week and then never heard again.

#thursdaythoughts. 

and yeah.. KP.. rawr!
    I think she’s a lot better than the average 15-minute pop princess, and also seems a lot more intelligent. She also knows exactly what she’s doing with her image - she’s well-known as a fan of 50s pin-up Bettie Page, which is what that pic above is all about :).

I don’t doubt this was a stunt up to a point, but does it matter? She made a young fan with big health worries very happy. She may well be a genuinely nice person too...

By the way, I heard an interview where she said she finds the English accent irresistible, which explains Russell Brand. That should give us all food for thought ;).
    Yeah i agree, i think she is a break from the "norm" 15 minute pop star. 

And no, it doesn't matter, she made a young girl very happy - that's what matters.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3842
    Good on her!
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.