Those electric uv fly killers, do they actually work?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24581
    vale said:
    miserneil said:
    We had a big moth go into our last night, made so much smoke it set the fire alarm off!!
    that's sad. i love moths. they're beautiful. all wrapped up snug in their sparkly golds and bronzes and furs with their fabulous glitterball eyes. i consider them more night butterflies than flies.

and i'll always try to shoo a fly away rather than kill it. i haven't killed a fly for decades and i don't think i have ever killed a moth.

i get the fly hygene thing, they have some dirty habits (natural to them), so makes sense to get them out of your living space. but i don't think moths do the same things. they just eat live small things and little wigglies. so no health risk.

maybe i should fact check myself but them seem clean. and very beautiful. no need to kill them at all.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7339
    edited August 2018
    /\ yes! = is soo fcucking creepy even if illogical! May Bugs are the real killers!

<Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
    The theory is that the reflections confuse the insects into thinking a big eyed predator is lurking and they wont try and pass. Change the water every 7-14 days and the problem will largely stop for the inside. Hang one near your patio furniture to have trouble free outdoor meals too (tends not to work in the half light or dark - but then flys don't either).

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • lasermonkeylasermonkey Frets: 1940
    We have one of those UV fly killers and it does its job well. This year, we put some of those velcro-attached fly screens up and they've done a great job at keeping all but the very smallest flying insects* out.

*Apart from a particularly determined Box Tree Moth which somehow managed to squeeze itself through a tiny gap to get into the room and then spent the next ten minutes frantically headbutting everything in sight until I caught it and freed it outside. I think it may have lost a leg or two whilst it was going mental.

Personally, I much prefer using the screens than the UV zapper, as I rather like moths and would much rather avoid accidentally killing one.
    My wife asked me to stop singing Wonderwall.
    I said maybe.....
  • HHwarnerHHwarner Frets: 137
    I was thinking of getting one of these. What a blast!!!!

• robgilmorobgilmo Frets: 3463
    Right, had enough of these bloody flies! Guys, will one of these zappers clear the flies or will they just kill the odd one? Im thinking about ordering this one.
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Plus-Zap-Aluminium-Commercial-Killer/dp/B005RPOBRG/ref=sr_1_54?s=outdoors&amp;ie=UTF8&amp;qid=1533399662&amp;sr=1-54&amp;refinements=p_72:184321031

A Deuce , a Tele and a cup of tea.