NGD, or more correctly, NGsD

What's Hot
darrenpdarrenp Frets: 116
Having fancied a Jackson PC1, pretty much since they were first released (in 1996 I think), I couldn't resist this beauty when it came up on EBay at a sensible price. It's a very early 1998 model and has the Koa back, rather than mahogany, that was introduced during that year.

It's just arrived back from being set up and I have to say that I'm absolutely blown away by it. It's a great all round guitar and the Floyd Rose Sustainer pickup is just great fun.

First gig on Friday night and I honestly can't wait. Now to spend the next few hours going through the set list to figure out where I can use the sustainer!

A few days after buying the PC1 the blue PC3 came up at a great price, so I went for that as well :-)

https://i.imgur.com/e6cM35p.jpg
0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• fastonebazfastonebaz Frets: 4102
     Tasty axe .
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Winny_PoohWinny_Pooh Frets: 7771
    Nice quilt too :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • DrBobDrBob Frets: 3006
    Fat necks ?
  • darrenpdarrenp Frets: 116
    edited August 2018
    DrBob said:
    Fat necks ?
    A little, but not overly so. I'd say the PC1 is similar to a typical 60s Fender C profile, but, for me, is more playable due to the flat radius and satin finish. The PC3 is noticeably thinner, but still very comfortable and also great to play.

I've watched interviews with him where he talks about preferring a fatter neck profile and I think the later revised version may well be different. I saw someone on the Jackson/Charvel forum describe the neck on his as "like a baseball bat sliced in half" :-)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10893
    No dots!  How on earth do you play with no dots!

J/k HNGD those things look wild