Fender Custom Shop SRV Stevie Ray Vaughan #1 John Cruz Masterbuilt Strat - 65K

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• impmannimpmann Frets: 12667
    Ok, here's the thing...

I saw a guy playing a festival, playing supercharged blues playing one of these guitars (or rather one that looked exceedingly similar). And no matter how good he was, he still looked an utter prick.
    For those that know what the guitar depicts, he was compared to SRV - and he wasn't that good. Plus it didn't sound very good, IMHO. Texas Specials aren't my bag, I don't like Tubescreamers and there's a limit to the amout of pentatonic wank I can listen to before I want to throw things at the guitarist. Big, sharp, pointy things, mainly...
    For those that didn't know what the guitar was supposed to be, it just looked like he was playing a "crappy old guitar that he found in a skip" (and that's a quote from the singer in my old band, who didn't know who SRV was).

It didn't help that he wore his cowboy boots with his trousers tucked into them, and had a tassled jacket on...

Honestly - I don't get it.

How about "plough your own furrow"? Stop trying to be someone else...
    Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • dwheeldodwheeldo Frets: 65
    @impmann - My sentiments precisely. We're all inspired by other guitarists, but it doesn't make sense to just ape everything about them - especially where tassled jackets are concerned...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom