New Purple Project

What's Hot
Adam_MDAdam_MD Frets: 3420
I’ve been waiting for this to come together for a long time now.  I originally just wanted a fatter neck for my tele and ordered an Allparts TRO Fat from Scott at SC Relics then when he emailed to say it was ready I decided to get a body done too.  

Scott emailed last night to say it was finished and I’m very excited by how it’s looking.

I got a sneak pic a few weeks ago while it was drying which got me excited.  It’s exactly the colour I wanted.

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Adam_MDAdam_MD Frets: 3420
    edited August 2018
    Then last night I got these and now I really can’t wait to get my hands on it.

I already have some  gotoh tuners and a gotoh vintage bridge with titanium saddles ready to go.  Now I just need a set of pickups from Marc at mojo and it’s off to the gents down at Feline for an earvana nut and a proper setup.  

I’ll update this thread as I get more info.  
    0reaction image LOL 7reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BigsbyBigsby Frets: 2962
    Wow! Great colour. :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ThorpyFXThorpyFX Frets: 6216
    tFB Trader
    This is going to be epic. 
    Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Thanks chaps I’m super excited to get my hands on it and get it down to Jonathan.  
    I’m toying with the idea for an aluminium scratch plate does anyone know where to get one in the Uk.  I can see anodised gold but not bare aluminium for a tele.  
  • sweepysweepy Frets: 4194
    ThorpyFX said:
    This is going to be epic. 
    It’s a Telecaster, they always are :)
  • skunkwerxskunkwerx Frets: 6881
    Nice! Its the Lambo of telecasters :)
    The only easy day, was yesterday...
  • valevale Frets: 1052
    am not a tele fan so much, but that is a gorgous colour. it's going to look amazing, Adam.
    hofner hussie & hayman harpie. what she said...
  • LuttiSLuttiS Frets: 2244
    The colour is amazing, finished thing is going to be epic :)
  • thermionicthermionic Frets: 9671
    Adam_MD said:
    I’m toying with the idea for an aluminium scratch plate does anyone know where to get one in the Uk.  I can see anodised gold but not bare aluminium for a tele.  
    Jack’s Instrument Services could make you one, but ask him to add the 3 screw holes that seem to be missing ;)

Actually I thinks mint green or parchment works great with that colour and rosewood board.
  • DanielsguitarsDanielsguitars Frets: 3297
    edited August 2018 tFB Trader
    Beautiful and that's just the sort of colour i want on a jazzmaster style set neck thing I've got planned, even down to a white pickguard 
    www.danielsguitars.co.uk
    (formerly customkits)
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7344
    very nice - FS1e colour!
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
  • valevale Frets: 1052
    edited August 2018
    purple is a hugely underrated guitar colour. becuse it's got red and blue in it, it means you can mix either side of that (more red for hotter more contrast, or more blue for cooler less contrast) but it also works clashy cool with opposite green (colour wheel) or black and white for max/min non-colour contrast.

when i wear purple scarlett red is my go to for accessories, because it really pops on purple, radiates max contrast. so i would think deep red tort guard on purple. but the white (off-white, blanc casse') you've chosen has a nice 'classic and simple' vibe about it. works very neatly with a 1950s guitar design.
    hofner hussie & hayman harpie. what she said...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    edited August 2018
    Adam_MD said:
    Jack’s Instrument Services could make you one, but ask him to add the 3 screw holes that seem to be missing

Actually I thinks mint green or parchment works great with that colour and rosewood board.
    Thanks @thermionic I’ll order an aluminium guard from there and see what it looks like.  I have parchment and black guards here so when it arrives I can see which one I prefer.  
  • thermionicthermionic Frets: 9671
    I had an anodised gold Tele guard made by Jack’s. Subtler than a Fender one, and a perfect fit.
  • King85King85 Frets: 631
    That colour looks stunning. <3