Does anyone recognise this bridge design?

What's Hot
HarrySevenHarrySeven Frets: 8033

Just trying to ID something - any ideas?

Late '70's/early '80's - I can't quite place it off the top of my head...

HarrySeven - Intangible Asset Appraiser & Wrecker of Civilisation. Searching for weird guitars - so you don't have to.
Forum feedback thread.    |     G&B interview #1 & #2   |  https://www.instagram.com/_harry_seven_/ 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• FatPeteFatPete Frets: 683
    The saddles look vaguely familiar. Are you sure the rest isn't a DIY trem conversion?
    Trading feedback: Trading feedback
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72549
    Looks like a (possibly DIY) adaption of a Burns Rez-o-Tube.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14333
    tFB Trader
    what about the Contemporary Series Strats from Jap in the late 80's ??
  • HarrySevenHarrySeven Frets: 8033
    @ICBM - I’m with you on this - I think you’re right.

It was the “missing” stuff which threw me.

Cheers!

HarrySeven - Intangible Asset Appraiser & Wrecker of Civilisation. Searching for weird guitars - so you don't have to.
    Forum feedback thread.    |     G&B interview #1 & #2   |  https://www.instagram.com/_harry_seven_/ 

• HarrySevenHarrySeven Frets: 8033

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72549
    It was the saddles, the angled strip under them and most importantly the *5* (not 6) screw pivot bar - which I think is unique to Burns - which gave it away.

The saddles are actually slightly different from both the originals and the modern ones, so it may be a 70s or early 80s variation - did they reissue the Marvin around then?

I'm assuming the two screws at the back go into the body and stop the trem working? I can't see what else they would do... since there's no arm mechanism either!

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• robgilmorobgilmo Frets: 3563
    Didn't some Marlin Sidewinders have these?
    A Deuce , a Tele and a cup of tea.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom