fender Strat special

What's Hot
HootsmonHootsmon Frets: 15980
edited August 2018 in Guitar
Tried one?

are they good?

Was thinkin' of dipping my tootsies into the Strat waters and thought of this....

I was after a rosewood neck and thin(ish) finish, jumbo frets and flat polepieces,bridge tone control.....and this sort of fits the bill

any thoughts on the guitar folks, would you buy this or go the extra and get yourself a post 2012 standard?
tae be or not tae be
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• BellycasterBellycaster Frets: 5864
    If you mean the American Special Strat, then each to their own, but I don't like the 70's Headstock and Logo or the Jumbo Frets.

I have now tried the new Player series Strats that have replaced the Mexican Standard Strats and they played really well. I didn't plug them in sadly, but have heard nothing but good reviews on them and at £525 - £550 it is very tempting.
    Only a Fool Would Say That.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • HootsmonHootsmon Frets: 15980
    yeah the USA special Strat ^
    tae be or not tae be
  • rlwrlw Frets: 4730
    70s headstock is great and all Strats should have these.  I have an HSS American Special and it is a very nice guitar, end of.
    Save a cow.  Eat a vegetarian.
  • TenebrousTenebrous Frets: 1332
    rlw said:
    70s headstock is great and all Strats should have these.  I have an HSS American Special and it is a very nice guitar, end of.
    I really like the 70s headstock too. In fact, when I was learning (about 15 years ago), I always thought the big bolded 70s letters were the "real" ones.
  • Excellent guitars - I've had Highway Ones and American Specials and enjoyed both, including the big headstocks. Be aware though that the  Am Specials have Texas Special pickups, which are vintage staggered pole pieces.
  • I had one for a few days when a mate left his at my house, and I did a bit of an A/B test with my custom shop Strat and to my ears at least there was no difference (much to my dismay!). It didn’t feel like the best guitar in the world for a couple of reasons but apart from that......go for it.