Thoughts?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• ecc83ecc83 Frets: 1633
    I wouldn’t buy a bass cab or combo unless I could try it live in a shop. 

Well ^ goes without, but some people cannot get to shops, others find music shops intimidating. IMO it behoves large music stores to do YT demos to a high standard so that the punter gets the best idea possible of the sound of the kit. Bedroom jockeys we can ignore.

The equipment does not have to be that expensive. A modest mixer or multitrack interface and a few decent microphones. The PICTURE quality looked very good. WTF is SOUND always the poor relation?!!

Of course, finding a good recording space can be a challenge but a few square mtrs in a warehouse can usually be found and a bit of "stuffing" chucked about.

Dave.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24580
    And yet we all used to cope perfectly well when it was a magazine with a few words and some grainy pictures..
    And yet we all used to cope perfectly well when it was a magazine with a few words and some grainy pictures..

I didn't, I built my own rig!  Called PROGRESS friend! We now have stonkingly good audio equipment at prices we would have had their ARMS off for 40 yrs ago and yet the QUALITY of "published" sound is dire due to lack of care and knowledge.

If you are GOING to do it? Do it WELL!

Dave.

• BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24580
    ecc83 said:

I didn't, I built my own rig!  Called PROGRESS friend! We now have stonkingly good audio equipment at prices we would have had their ARMS off for 40 yrs ago and yet the QUALITY of "published" sound is dire due to lack of care and knowledge.

Dave.

Gone are the days of considered reviewing and coffee shop style musing on kit in the public domain - whack it out as quick as possible to sell volume... ;)

Maybe we should start a “considered” reviewing channel!
    ecc83 said:

Dave.

Gone are the days of considered reviewing and coffee shop style musing on kit in the public domain - whack it out as quick as possible to sell volume... ;)

Maybe we should start a “considered” reviewing channel!

Could not agree more! As a 72 yr old audio nut I despair of the flaky, UN technical, reviews we get these days (not that I buy THOSE  magazines any more!) But I shall not stop badgering the buggers!

Dave.