Too many maple boards I NEED a rosewood Strat!!

What's Hot
lovestrat74lovestrat74 Frets: 2530
So..., I have 2 Strats an MJT and a 90s Hank Marvin Squier, (the latter for sale on gtree) and a Baja Tele all of which have maple boards.

Is that right? Does one have all of the same type or a mixture of maple and rosewood? What is your preference?

Once the HM is sold I am going to be on the look out for either the parts to make my own (possibly) hardtail Strat or maybe even commission a nitro body off one the talents on here along with an allparts rosewood v neck...  B)
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• munckeemunckee Frets: 12415
    edited August 2018
    When I built my black tele I specifically wanted rosewood as I had previously had 2 other teles and am on my third strat and all have been maple.  Really pleased I did as I love the rosewood neck.  Also its 7.25 which I loved on my roadworn.

I got rid of my classic player 50s as I never got used to the V neck, I used to get a sore hand after a while playing it which I have never had on anything else.

I picked up a nitro body used on here from @CasperCaster which saved me a chunk as allparts nitro necks are not cheap, even if they are well worth it.

I do however like the idea of picking your own colour and how much wear (3 tone faded sunburst for a tele I think if you are stuck for ideas : )

Edit You are making a tele though (doh!) in which case faded inca silver!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • lovestrat74lovestrat74 Frets: 2530
    munckee said:
    When I built my black tele I specifically wanted rosewood as I had previously had 2 other teles and am on my third strat and all have been maple.  Really pleased I did as I love the rosewood neck.  Also its 7.25 which I loved on my roadworn.

I got rid of my classic player 50s as I never got used to the V neck, I used to get a sore hand after a while playing it which I have never had on anything else.

I picked up a nitro body used on here from @CasperCaster which saved me a chunk as allparts nitro necks are not cheap, even if they are well worth it.

I do however like the idea of picking your own colour and how much wear (3 tone faded sunburst for a tele I think if you are stuck for ideas : )

Always fancied a graffiti yellow hardtail relic with black guard and off white aged plastics !!  Should probably get a CBS bullet neck with that tho.  Hmm...
    munckee said:

Always fancied a graffiti yellow hardtail relic with black guard and off white aged plastics !!  Should probably get a CBS bullet neck with that tho.  Hmm...
    Always loved firemist silver relic with torty guard too..
  • WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5446
    Nice to have both, but I prefer maple board Strats that are either lacquered nitro (and relic'd, even better) or oil & wax... poly always feels too thick and slippery and the feel is a bit plastic. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Nah, never been a lover of the pastels ..
    Wow tough crowd.  Ok:

https://i.imgur.com/47VpWAM.jpg

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5446
    munckee said:
    Wow tough crowd.  Ok:

Yeah, I know a man that has some LPB ;) @poopot ;

This:

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • poopotpoopot Frets: 9099
    munckee said:
    Wow tough crowd.  Ok:

Yeah, I know a man that has some LPB ;) @poopot ;

Your can of lpb you mean? :)

same shade as this one ;)

• AlnicoAlnico Frets: 4616
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TA22GTTA22GT Frets: 362
    edited August 2018

I have to admit that I have always gone for maple on Tele's and Strats as long as it is nitro.

However, a recent Tele build had me going for rosewood and I have to say after a a life-time of maple I am loving the rosewood!
     Just feels and sounds great.
  • meltedbuzzboxmeltedbuzzbox Frets: 10339
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • thegummythegummy Frets: 4389
    I'd probably say that I wish all my non-maple fretboards were maple, I don't like the feel of rosewood when my fingers touch it really. Don't even notice it on maple.

I'd easily believe it affected the tone though and I do like the look of rosewood et al almost as much as maple. Depends which colour of body and scratchplate they go with
    Fuck it, might keep the HM Strat and just add a rw neck and a 3 ply guard to get desired effect:

• poopotpoopot Frets: 9099
    Fuck it, might keep the HM Strat and just add a rw neck and a 3 ply guard to get desired effect:

Or...

strip it and spray it LPB!...
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    poopot said:

Or...

strip it and spray it LPB!...
    Why cant I insert one of those stupid faces in the top right corner (Chrome?). Anyway, one of those  =)
  • skunkwerxskunkwerx Frets: 6881
    Alnico said:
    Mmm thats pleasing to look at that!
    The only easy day, was yesterday...
  • skunkwerxskunkwerx Frets: 6881
    I’m not sure I have a preference. 

Whatever is slick and fast feeling. 

I had a rosewood epiphone a few years back and my God the board was grippy, so much so I couldnt bend anything. It went back. 

Since then I’ve got 3 rosewoods, 1 maple and an ebony. Unsure yet what my actual preference is for feel. 
    The only easy day, was yesterday...