PSA 20% off picks from stringsdirect

What's Hot
20% off picks at stringsdirect. Ends Sunday. 
Use code PICKS20
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11469
    Was going to do this, but then checked prices on the evil online retailer.  Pack of 10 Black Ice picks £4.59 on Strings Direct, plus £99p delivery.  £4.40 on Amazon with free delivery.  Even with the discount SD is still more expensive.

Would make sense on a bigger order where the delivery is a smaller part of the cost though.

The government does need to sort out how it taxes the likes of Amazon.  It's not a level playing field at the moment.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Jack_Jack_ Frets: 3175
    I've not found SD to be competitive for years now, discount or not. Amazon are always cheaper on strings.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • steersteer Frets: 1196
    I used to use SD all the time. Purely on price, it's hard for a small online retailer to go up against Amazon, in the same way that it is hard for small shops to.  
  • crunchman said:
    Was going to do this, but then checked prices on the evil online retailer.  Pack of 10 Black Ice picks £4.59 on Strings Direct, plus £99p delivery.  £4.40 on Amazon with free delivery.  Even with the discount SD is still more expensive.

Would make sense on a bigger order where the delivery is a smaller part of the cost though.

The government does need to sort out how it taxes the likes of Amazon.  It's not a level playing field at the moment.
    True, regardless of discounts it’s
    always best to shop around.
    For example, Amazon sell the new Kirk hammet purple sparkle ( yes, I’m a loser) jazz iii’s £6.99, but they’re £5.99 on stringsdirect. If you buy over £30 it’s free delivery.
    But, Amazon sell bulk 24 pack bags of red jazz iii for £12. SD sell only packs of 6 so they’re more expensive.
    Shame the £ to $ is rubbish as the best way used to be buying bulk direct from
    the USA.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • PolarityManPolarityMan Frets: 7299
    crunchman said:

Amazon sell the new Kirk hammet purple sparkle ( yes, I’m a loser) jazz iii’s 
    Bet they suck compared to black fangs.
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • bingefellerbingefeller Frets: 5723
    I buy all my strings and picks, and that's a lot of picks, from Strings Direct.  I normally get anything they send out the next day too, which is great considering I'm in NI.  They've always been willing to order me up anything they didn't have in stock, such as the case with V-Pick 1980 picks a lot of years back.