Acoustic Fencing.

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• RockerRocker Frets: 4985
    hywelg said:
    As @ICBM says there laws about the height of fencing adjacent to a public highway. Think its 1.2m?

Maybe consider leylandii .

Don't even think about planting Leylandii. They grow slowly at first, then one day years after planting them, you realise that they are 20 feet high and 10 feet wide. Basically out of control - the only solution is to get them cut down and the roots dug up. Expensive.
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Yew hedge
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 6862
    { weird quote thing}

There was something, if briefly, on Radio 4 this morning about external blinds. Essentially a lot more efficient than internal ones at heat reduction. Chap had them fitted to his house for £5k  ( don't know how many windows) but these are automated ones that open/ close/ tilt. Small apartments with big windows ( as you see on a lot of modern builds) can be almost unliveable in the summer so these are what would work best. On traditional French apartments they run from one side of the building to the other so you can have the shutters up against the heat but windows open on the shady side. I guess that's where it falls down with modern apartments in large buildings.  
    A lot or European houses have inward opening windows which then allow lots of external shutter options - think the Uks outward swingers prevent the optimal use of shutters.
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • ToneControlToneControl Frets: 11907
    I still maintain that the cheapest and quickest option is to close the windows,
    then either strip off and get used to the heat, or fit air con. This is the solution used in every other country
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16297
    mrkb said:
    { weird quote thing}

There was something, if briefly, on Radio 4 this morning about external blinds. Essentially a lot more efficient than internal ones at heat reduction. Chap had them fitted to his house for £5k  ( don't know how many windows) but these are automated ones that open/ close/ tilt. Small apartments with big windows ( as you see on a lot of modern builds) can be almost unliveable in the summer so these are what would work best. On traditional French apartments they run from one side of the building to the other so you can have the shutters up against the heat but windows open on the shady side. I guess that's where it falls down with modern apartments in large buildings.  
    A lot or European houses have inward opening windows which then allow lots of external shutter options - think the Uks outward swingers prevent the optimal use of shutters.
    Ahh. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • CHRISB50CHRISB50 Frets: 4310
    Are you thinking rosewood, mahogany? Or something a bit more niche like maple or blackwood?

I can't help about the shape I'm in, I can't sing I ain't pretty and my legs are thin

But don't ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer that you want me to

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • randellarandella Frets: 4176
    CHRISB50 said:
    Are you thinking rosewood, mahogany? Or something a bit more niche like maple or blackwood?
    Roasted maple, surely?  Flavour of the month as far as I can tell.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom