eBay Content - How the Internet Works (Fake news...like ripples in a pond)

What's Hot
HarrySevenHarrySeven Frets: 8031
edited August 2018 in Guitar

First we start with this.

Then we find this.

One for @Strangefan, I feel.

HarrySeven - Intangible Asset Appraiser & Wrecker of Civilisation. Searching for weird guitars - so you don't have to.
Forum feedback thread.    |     G&B interview #1 & #2   |  https://www.instagram.com/_harry_seven_/ 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14472
    Then, once it has stuck to your shoe, it soon gets everywhere.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72427
    I like the Encore Symphony, that's really nice. I doubt it's quite as old as 40s-50s though.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• StrangefanStrangefan Frets: 5844
    Oh good god .. Where do we start ! 
  • HarrySevenHarrySeven Frets: 8031
    Oh good god .. Where do we start ! 

Yeah, thought you might like it! ;)

HarrySeven - Intangible Asset Appraiser & Wrecker of Civilisation. Searching for weird guitars - so you don't have to.
    Forum feedback thread.    |     G&B interview #1 & #2   |  https://www.instagram.com/_harry_seven_/ 

• BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24581
    That stand tho....I mean..

• ModellistaModellista Frets: 2041
    That description is a masterclass in implying facts whilst not actually stating them in a legally binding sense. Lots of talk about Encores being made in Japan whilst not claiming that the guitar in question is. 

It looks a lot like a walnut Samick 335 I own - something about the the wood, the binding, the switch and knobs, and that little gold sticker behind the heel.  I note the seller doesn't give a close up of the sticker as that would give the game away - either the model number or the expected "Made in Korea". 

Around this period (early '80s is have thought) Samick were making 335s for any number of headstock brands. Regardless of whether the "rare" story is accurate as far as Encore-branded 335s are concerned, Samick knocked out rather more than 10 of these, and even though they are well-put together instruments with the exception of cheap hardware, you'd be doing well to achieve £200 for a pristine one. 
    That description is a masterclass in implying facts whilst not actually stating them in a legally binding sense. Lots of talk about Encores being made in Japan whilst not claiming that the guitar in question is. 

It looks a lot like a walnut Samick 335 I own - something about the the wood, the binding, the switch and knobs, and that little gold sticker behind the heel.  I note the seller doesn't give a close up of the sticker as that would give the game away - either the model number or the expected "Made in Korea". 

Around this period (early '80s is have thought) Samick were making 335s for any number of headstock brands. Regardless of whether the "rare" story is accurate as far as Encore-branded 335s are concerned, Samick knocked out rather more than 10 of these, and even though they are well-put together instruments with the exception of cheap hardware, you'd be doing well to achieve £200 for a pristine one. 
    Spot-on! :)

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14472
    So, is the forum consensus that the seller blissfully ignorant or a scheming con artist?
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24581
    So, is the forum consensus that the seller blissfully ignorant or a scheming con artist?
    Blissfully ignorant con artist
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Just look where he got his info from, though (on the second web link). ;)

• prowlaprowla Frets: 4929
    Fishier than an old bag of kippers!

• StrangefanStrangefan Frets: 5844
    Anything guitar related  associated with a  chap who's initials are K G needs to be scrutinised more than most. 
  • ModellistaModellista Frets: 2041
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom