New Guitar Day... Love It!

What's Hot
Well I've been after a 335 style guitar for a while and will never be able to justify a proper ES-335, well not unless I improve a lot!

So a couple of months ago I picked up an Epiphone Dot and was a bit underwhelmed and as a result didn't take to it and moved it on. The new buyer was very happy with it. I think one of the things I didn't take to was the neck which was chunkier than I'm used to.

I saw a Tanglewood TSB 59 for sale on Gumtree for a more than reasonable £145. The seller said it needed new strings and basically had been little used. The photo didn't do it much justice, covered in dust and 5 strings, etc.

I was a bit nervous about buying it following my earlier experience with the Epi and  there is little information on 'tinternet about them.

Top and bottom of it is I bought it and the difference is like night and day for me.

Cleaned up and a new set of strings, it is stunningly beautiful and feels just right, the stock pickups (Entwistle HV58's) seem good. One comment I had seen about the TSB 59 was that they are heavy, mine isn't weighing in at 7lb 4oz. The neck suits me better and the action seems great. It is everything I could have wished for, definitely a keeper!

0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• dazzajldazzajl Frets: 5773
    Love a happy ending, looks really lovely too. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12399
    Love a semi hollow, you have the biggest f holes I've ever seen!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • SlopeSoarerSlopeSoarer Frets: 835
    edited August 2018
    munckee said:
    Love a semi hollow, you have the biggest f holes I've ever seen!
    Yeah I must say I thought that about the f holes (they must have had the bold setting on) but probably a blessing if I ever need to do anything with the electrics. 

Just going back on the difference between this and the Epi, I'm still amazed how to seemingly very similar guitars can have such a different affect. I can't put it down, which can only be a good thing. 

Mentally I've always thought of Tanglewood as manufacturers of acoustics, I may have to have a rethink.

Right I'll stop boring you all now
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12399
    Definitely a blessing for when the jack socket needs fixing which if my 335 copy is anything to go by it will
  • Thats lush, looks like it polished up really nicely. Nice price as well! :)
  • Thats lush, looks like it polished up really nicely. Nice price as well!
    Incredible value as far as I'm concerned! I've owned around 20 guitars to date and this is (unexpectedly) favourite of the bunch.