Brunetti Singleman 16 - Any experience and/or thoughts please ?

What's Hot
jimkehoejimkehoe Frets: 208

I have been doing some research re amps and am leaning heavily towards either a Victory V40 Deluxe or a Brunetti Singleman 16.

At the moment I only play at home and use a Tele, a TV Jones equipped Tele or a 2x p90 Les Paul Special.

I favour Americana/country and blues and jazz.

Does anyone have any knowledge or experience of a Brunetti Singleman 16 combo?

In particular:

Is it suitable for home use?
Does it have a low noise floor if being used quietly?
How does it take pedals? ( I would use pedals for overdrive, tremolo and delay)

Many Thanks
Jim.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• SunburstSunburst Frets: 121

I bought a new Singleman 16 combo direct from Brunetti in January and am absolutely loving it.  I use a standard Tele, a Tele Cabronita and a Strat and the Singleman really brings out each guitar's individual character.  The base tone is a wonderful, warm clean and there is plenty of variety to be had through the voicings, tone switching and power scaling. 

Talking of which, this amp can be loud in 16 watt mode, but the 4 watt mode is extremely useable and retains a lot of character and clarity.  The 1 watt mode is fine too. Because there's no master volume, break up only happens at significant levels of volume in all wattage modes, but it's a very lovely thing when it does!  That said, I mainly use drive pedals for dirt both at home and when playing out.  My T Rex Moller and Boss SD1w both sound great through it, my Dr Scientist The Elements less so, for some reason.  I use the loop for delay (Eventide Timefactor) and reverbs (Eventide Space and Neunaber Seraphim) and they are lush and sparkly.

It's seems really solid and well built and the noise floor is pretty much silent.  A final, shallow point to make is that it looks stunning in standard black and cream finish. 

Let me know if you need any more details, but in summary it's a wholehearted, fulsome recommendation from me!

• jimkehoejimkehoe Frets: 208
    Sunburst said:

I bought a new Singleman 16 combo direct from Brunetti in January and am absolutely loving it.  I use a standard Tele, a Tele Cabronita and a Strat and the Singleman really brings out each guitar's individual character.  The base tone is a wonderful, warm clean and there is plenty of variety to be had through the voicings, tone switching and power scaling. 

Talking of which, this amp can be loud in 16 watt mode, but the 4 watt mode is extremely useable and retains a lot of character and clarity.  The 1 watt mode is fine too. Because there's no master volume, break up only happens at significant levels of volume in all wattage modes, but it's a very lovely thing when it does!  That said, I mainly use drive pedals for dirt both at home and when playing out.  My T Rex Moller and Boss SD1w both sound great through it, my Dr Scientist The Elements less so, for some reason.  I use the loop for delay (Eventide Timefactor) and reverbs (Eventide Space and Neunaber Seraphim) and they are lush and sparkly.

It's seems really solid and well built and the noise floor is pretty much silent.  A final, shallow point to make is that it looks stunning in standard black and cream finish. 

Let me know if you need any more details, but in summary it's a wholehearted, fulsome recommendation from me!

@Sunburst- Thanks for that. Very useful. Looks like I may be heading in that direction sometime soon. Cheers.
  • TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7802
    I have it's bigger brother the Singleman 35. It's a slightly different tube arrangement but the features are the same

Power scaling works really well, amp is nice and quiet. It has load of EQ tweaking, Bright Switch, FAT/Tweed/Smooth and a nice reverb.

The base sound is very fendery, very round a clear. Takes pedals really well, I also use the SD1 and BD2 for gain. Loop for delay via a space Echo 501. Just sounds glorious.

Love it. I also have the Pleximan and am very impressed with both build quality and customer service.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    I have it's bigger brother the Singleman 35. It's a slightly different tube arrangement but the features are the same

Power scaling works really well, amp is nice and quiet. It has load of EQ tweaking, Bright Switch, FAT/Tweed/Smooth and a nice reverb.

The base sound is very fendery, very round a clear. Takes pedals really well, I also use the SD1 and BD2 for gain. Loop for delay via a space Echo 501. Just sounds glorious.

Love it. I also have the Pleximan and am very impressed with both build quality and customer service.

Thanks @Teetonetal very useful.
  • uncledickuncledick Frets: 406
    jimkehoe said:

There's a Cornell Romany Pro for sale on here. Quietest amp I've ever used and made for the music you play.
    uncledick said:
    jimkehoe said:

There's a Cornell Romany Pro for sale on here. Quietest amp I've ever used and made for the music you play.
    Thanks for the heads up. Lovely amps but not what I'm looking for at the moment.
  • I have it's bigger brother the Singleman 35. It's a slightly different tube arrangement but the features are the same

Which would you say is the better amp if it was to be used as a pedal platform for someone playing classic rock?
    Don't let your mind post toastee - like a lot of my friends did!

Which would you say is the better amp if it was to be used as a pedal platform for someone playing classic rock?
    @Crazed_Fandango ;Sorry, didn't see this

Talking to the wrong guy I'm afraid as I don't do the pedal platform thing, I like my amp to provide the dirt, if that's what I'm playing, which the pleximan does in spades.

That said the Singleman is sold as pedal platform / clean amp, however I'd be getting the head, if that was the use case. 50w will give greater headroom and more space for the pedals to do their stuff vs 35w of the combo.

Pleximan is also 50w and does take pedals very well, but the clean channel is a bit limited in tone shaping options.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • hotpickupshotpickups Frets: 1822
    Don't know much about this company. Any uk dealers and how is the customer support would be my two worries 
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/
    Don't know much about this company. Any uk dealers and how is the customer support would be my two worries 
    I bought my pleximan from Musik-Produktiv but there is a UK dealer, they were even posting on here for a while @Brunetti_Amps_UK. Marco Brunetti also contributes to TGP

I had an issue with my pleximan where the Singer in my band jumped on my guitar lead and somehow contrived to snap the jack socket. Amp was out of warranty, but I emailed Brunetti in Italy and they said I could send the amp to them, or they would send me the parts for free.

I also had an issue where my kids unplugged the speaker lead whilst I was playing, no issues at all, plugged back in and it sounded as good as before - so I reckon it's well engineered.
  • hotpickupshotpickups Frets: 1822
    I bought my pleximan from Musik-Produktiv but there is a UK dealer, they were even posting on here for a while @Brunetti_Amps_UK. Marco Brunetti also contributes to TGP

I had an issue with my pleximan where the Singer in my band jumped on my guitar lead and somehow contrived to snap the jack socket. Amp was out of warranty, but I emailed Brunetti in Italy and they said I could send the amp to them, or they would send me the parts for free.

I also had an issue where my kids unplugged the speaker lead whilst I was playing, no issues at all, plugged back in and it sounded as good as before - so I reckon it's well engineered.
    Hmmm shipping to Italy if a fault happens? That's my concern . I just wouldn't do that or inclined to :(
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/