The Telecaster appreciation thread.

What's Hot
12346»

Comments

• robgilmorobgilmo Frets: 3453
    I am soo lovin this at the mo, might be the G&T;s, might be because I am on my hoills and no work tomozzers, or it might just be cos its great! Lets see some Tele music guys, appreciation of the guitar is one thing , what about the music?

A Deuce , a Tele and a cup of tea.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Jimbro66Jimbro66 Frets: 2430
    I'll take your excellent Steve Cropper and raise you an Albert Collins :)

And if we are talking Tele players........ 

• Winny_PoohWinny_Pooh Frets: 7769
    Jim Campilongo
  • TA22GTTA22GT Frets: 362
    https://youtu.be/snS4u6K5NbY

Now we're talkin'
    Jim Campilongo
    Examples or he doesn’t exist
  • gringopiggringopig Frets: 2648
    edited July 2020
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JotaJota Frets: 464
  • TA22GTTA22GT Frets: 362
    A few of my Teles, sold off in a cull three years ago:

Left to right: '90s Tom Mates Tele, '90s Chandler Tele, '80s Schecter Tele. In the photo the necks of the outer two had been temporarily swapped. Why 3-pickup Teles? - I don't like the feel of Strats.

My current Esquire:

And I should shortly be adding a very special Tele with fresh new paint job by our very own talented @Rexter
  • image'>image'>image'>I thought the sound I had in my head for years was a strat neck pup sound, then realised it was a tele and then, finally, realised it was a thinline tele that I could hear.

My historically completely nonsensical and inaccurate "Thinline Nocaster" has a MASSIVE nocaster U neck that I totally adore and I'm convinced makes it sound so good. It also has a 4 position switch and I find position 2 to be the doggies danglers.. although I have to be honest and admit I'm still none the wiser as to what is actually engaged in position 2!!!  

I've had the tele plus since 1995 and the "Original series" bound burst is a recent addition that I'm really loving.

• WindmillGuitarsWindmillGuitars Frets: 731
    tFB Trader
    Top - My current 50's MIJ heavily upgraded Tele (Which is for sale)
    Bottom - All original 1990 Plus Deluxe ( a la Radiohead)

www.windmillguitars.com - Official stockist of Yamaha, Maybach, Fano Guitars, Kithara Guitars, Eastman Guitars, Trent Guitars, Orange Amps, Blackstar Amplification & More! (The artist formerly known as Anchorboy)
    0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Great to see another Tele Plus @anchorboy !! I've never seen a Deluxe with the trem in person
    tFB Trader
    @The_Whisper_Thief They're very rare here in the UK from what I gather. When I bought it it had never been played and came with every last bit of paperwork and two sets of Fender strings from 1990 still in their packets. It really was a work of art in that colourway - you'll, see the real blue/green flip below.

I shouldn't have sold it tbh but at the time I wanted a 335 and a guy in California made me a big offer I couldn't refuse. Here's a few more shots

www.windmillguitars.com - Official stockist of Yamaha, Maybach, Fano Guitars, Kithara Guitars, Eastman Guitars, Trent Guitars, Orange Amps, Blackstar Amplification & More! (The artist formerly known as Anchorboy)
    edited August 2018 tFB Trader
    Opps .. double post
  • enjoenjo Frets: 278
    That colour is stunning!
  • The_Whisper_ThiefThe_Whisper_Thief Frets: 98
    edited August 2018

Was it pretty heavy @anchorboy ;? My Plus weighs a tonne. I believe it's mahogany with an ash veneer (might be wrong!)