TC MojoMojo Drive

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• AlvinAlvin Frets: 416
    photek said:
    Good pedal for pushing a dirty amp (particularly a Marshall) and quite handy to tweak the EQ a bit. Sounds pretty good as a low gain drive into a clean amp as well. You can't really go wrong for £25
       Where are you seeing these for £25.00 ?  That's a steal .
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • normula1normula1 Frets: 640
    timbuk02 said:
    When I'm more often than not playing thru a (gasp) pocket pod at night, its the one pedal that still sounds really decent. The mosfet TS and cascaded jfet drive I have sound amazing through the amp but a bit brittle into the pod, whereas the mojo stays full and chimey. With headphones on you can hear that the toggle adds some bass in the up position.
    I've been doing just this over the last couple of days on the Classic 68 setting with the gain fairly low and using the MojoMojo to add a touch of drive. Sounded really good with a CS336 semi.
  • I've been using the MojoMojo on my small board for some gigs depping with a punk band recently. As you can see from the pic, I've had the bass and treble pushed slightly and it's not overly boomy or muddy (certainly nothing like a tube screamer  type though). I'm boosting it with the Xotic RC in front for a slightly heavier drive sound when needed and running it into a couple of valve amps - a Laney VC15 which is just starting to break up and my old Vox Concert 501 (50w 1x12") clean for added solidity and grunt. Both combos are open backed.

It has a distinct 'saggyness' to the bottom end (which I like) - I assume from the colour scheme it's supposed to be emulating an old tweedy combo (with the Dark Matter being the 'Marshall stack')?

It's working for me. :)
    That's a tidy board. I really want something like this for the wedding band as I really only need a couple of sounds.

Well...Looks like I'll be digging my mojomojo out of the drawer soon and having another go with it!
    "As with all things, some days you're the dinosaur, some days you're the monkey." Sporky
  • photekphotek Frets: 1463
    Alvin said:
    photek said:
    Good pedal for pushing a dirty amp (particularly a Marshall) and quite handy to tweak the EQ a bit. Sounds pretty good as a low gain drive into a clean amp as well. You can't really go wrong for £25
       Where are you seeing these for £25.00 ?  That's a steal .
    On here and on FaceBook they tend to go for that. I think the last one I paid £20 delivered!