I'm back from bloodstock and now I fancy a flying v or explorer!!!

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• prowlaprowla Frets: 4933
    Funnily enough, I was thinking last night that I fancy a Flying V and an Explorer
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • LuttiSLuttiS Frets: 2244
    Gigged a Jackson King V for ages.. but I'm tall, dashingly handsome, long haired, incredibly insecure and bearded :)
    It's also for sale if you fancy a shameless plug! 

Used to love flying V's.. also have a mini sammick V which is just funs!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22999
    cbilly22 said:

I will ask how tall you are though. I dearly love Explorers but at a whole 5'6" on a good day I tend to look a little daft rocking one. Might not be enough to stop me getting a Thayer one though. @Alnico what is the neck profile like on yours (happy NGD by the way).

I'm also 5'6" and I think both Explorers and Vs are a little on the big side.  Which is a shame, as they're among my favourite designs - especially the original '58 versions.  I LOVE korina.

I have owned three Vs and very, very briefly had a "Clapton cut" sawn-off korina Explorer, which was (obviously) a bit smaller but very, very neck-heavy.

That said, original Def Leppard guitarist Pete Willis was (presumably still is) a very small chap and he pretty much exclusively played Explorers.  They look big on him, but not silly.  Rick Derringer's another small guy who was often seen with an Explorer.
  • FelineGuitarsFelineGuitars Frets: 11616
    tFB Trader
    I’m just in the process of making myself a new 70s style V.
    there is something so special about the balance and total access to all the neck.
    At 53 I have no intention of growing up and playing “grown up” guitars, although my Lion cub is my go to guitar at the moment till the V is ready

Many guitars have a re-sale value. Some you'll never want to sell.
    Stockist of: Earvana & Graphtech nuts, Faber Tonepros & Gotoh hardware, Fatcat bridges. Highwood Saddles.

Pickups from BKP, Oil City & Monty's pickups.

Expert guitar repairs and upgrades - fretwork our speciality! www.felineguitars.com.  Facebook too!