ES-335 Copies

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7339
    Not seen them back in stock yet but these were recently being punted off Amazon for $139 - Firefly 335

some alternatives in the firefly search too:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_i_1_7?url=search-alias=mi&field-keywords=firefly+guitar+electric&sprefix=firefly,mi,335&crid=3AB7GOCTWZTUN

<Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • WindmillGuitarsWindmillGuitars Frets: 731
    tFB Trader
    Heritage H535 is worth a look .. they're a "proper" 335 built the old school way.
    www.windmillguitars.com - Official stockist of Yamaha, Maybach, Fano Guitars, Kithara Guitars, Eastman Guitars, Trent Guitars, Orange Amps, Blackstar Amplification & More! (The artist formerly known as Anchorboy)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Anchorboy said:
    Heritage H535 is worth a look .. they're a "proper" 335 built the old school way.
    The headstocks are almost as ugly as Epiphone. Nice guitars though. The only ones I ever saw for sale were the blue rinse ones, a colour I'd never have.
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
  • kt66kt66 Frets: 315
    My first ever guitar was a Westone Rainbow II, regret selling it big time, lovely guitar.
    I now have a 2016 Sheraton Pro and can't fault it, I don't get the Epiphone Korean hype, the new ones are superb.
    Another cheaper choice would be the Revelation RT-35, after some love by a luthier they are great value and as good as a Dot.
  • cm01cm01 Frets: 452
    edited August 2018
    Try a Burny RSA 65 335 copy if you can - mine cost me £300 and with a set of Classic 57’s in it, sounds awesome, looks and plays superbly (even got a touch of flame in the top) and punches way above its weight - I’d put it up against most other 335’s, it’s that good... maybe I got lucky but the other one I tried was also very good for such a small outlay

https://i.imgur.com/EMGKBA5.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/2dGtNkr.jpg

• mark123mark123 Frets: 1325

epiphone dot s/h £200
  • TheMarlinTheMarlin Frets: 7883
    KDS said:
    Early 80's sheratons
    Early 80's el maya or maya 335 (rather rare)
    Had an Epiphone by Gibson Sheraton.  Hated it. Badly finished, sounded dead. Got rid as fast as I could. 

Gretsch Panther is my current favourite 335 style guitar. 
  • Adam_MDAdam_MD Frets: 3420
    I’ve had an Epiphone dot made by peerless and a newer Chinese one.  After some fretwork and a decent setup they both played great and with some better electronics sounded great but both of them just felt kinda cheap so neither hung around very long.  
  • stainystainy Frets: 2
    cm01 said:
    Try a Burny RSA 65 335 copy if you can - mine cost me £300 and with a set of Classic 57’s in it, sounds awesome, looks and plays superbly (even got a touch of flame in the top) and punches way above its weight - I’d put it up against most other 335’s, it’s that good... maybe I got lucky but the other one I tried was also very good for such a small outlay

https://i.imgur.com/EMGKBA5.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/2dGtNkr.jpg

This, mines lovely!!!
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ewalewal Frets: 2587
    I asked a similar question on the forum. I ended up with a Guild Starfire V, which granted isn't a copy of a 335, but it's a mighty guitar which cost me £600 second hand in mint condition.

This video was the seed for my Starfire Gas:

The Scrambler-EE Walk soundcloud experience
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • WindmillGuitarsWindmillGuitars Frets: 731
    tFB Trader
    Anchorboy said:
    The headstocks are almost as ugly as Epiphone. Nice guitars though. The only ones I ever saw for sale were the blue rinse ones, a colour I'd never have.
    @Phil_aka_Pip They are a bit like marmite .. that said you don't "look at the mantle when you're poking the fire"

Here's my last H535 in Almond Burst 

www.windmillguitars.com - Official stockist of Yamaha, Maybach, Fano Guitars, Kithara Guitars, Eastman Guitars, Trent Guitars, Orange Amps, Blackstar Amplification & More! (The artist formerly known as Anchorboy)
  • @Anchorboy That does look nice! I note you didn't include the headstock ;)
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom