Fair price??

What's Hot
RockerRocker Frets: 4987
€500 for a sunburst Tele, one with three pickups and most of the scratplate protection plastic still in place? It is in a cash converters type shop in Kilkenny City. 
Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• JerkMoansJerkMoans Frets: 8794
    Nashville? Mexican? In theory sounds good, but it’s cash converters...
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14508
    Approximately 450GBP. Needs to be extremely clean and come with a hardshell case. 

Deviating from the OP question, is a three pickup Telecaster a desirable thing? It will not exactly reproduce any of the sounds of a Stratocaster. Some would argue that the magnetic field above the centre pickup interferes with the string excursion. Others would get pissed off at the centre pickup because it gets in the way of their plectrum or fingers.

JerkMoans said:
    Nashville? Mexican? In theory sounds good, but it’s cash converters...
    Agreed. Be very careful about exactly which model is being offered. 

If I were spending my own money on a three pickup, single cutaway, Mexican Fender electric guitar, it would have to be the Triple Nocaster. I would immediately convert it to an Esquire and sell the two "spare" pickups.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • robgilmorobgilmo Frets: 3520
    Those Nashville Teles came in  two different guises, I cant remember when they changed them but when I was looking for a new Tele I did consider one and there was a difference between the older ones and the newer ones, but I cant remember now, anyhow, Cash Converters, I wouldn't.
    A Deuce , a Tele and a cup of tea.
  • I believe at least 1 variation of the nashville style tele was made in China. Possibly the modern player series? That seems steep if its one of those.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14508
    robgilmo said:
    Those Nashville Teles came in two different guises
    There have been TSS and TST pickup configurations. There was also a variant with a Fishman Powerbridge, stacked control knobs and a DP3T mode switch.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • I believe at least 1 variation of the nashville style tele was made in China. Possibly the modern player series? That seems steep if its one of those.
    Yup. It had a humbucker bridge pickup.