K&K Pure Mini users... is it okay with a full band and if you're singing?

2»

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72485
    jpfamps said:

The disadvantage of this approach is that any cabling between the guitar and desk will be prone to picking up noise, so a buffer in the guitar may be a better option.
    I would always go for a buffer in a belt-pack or a pedal, with the shortest practical cable to it from the guitar. That way you avoid the battery access and (admittedly rare with a plain buffer) reliability problems of having the electronics in the guitar.

The K&K seems to prefer an input impedance of about 1M rather than 10M, which increases the range of useful options - including something as simple as a Boss tuner pedal.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GrokeGroke Frets: 3
    Played many gigs at various venues with in-house p.a. Guild DV6, k and k pwm. I have the soundhole volume control fitted which is great for killing the sound for tuning. No one likes to hear you tune up on stage!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom