A level results day

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• SnagsSnags Frets: 5383
    I got my A levels in 1986 with a B and an E and two other grades which were so bad they didn't even count. The B was in General Studies. I really was a lazy little git.
    I knew someone who failed General Studies, which I still reckon was quite some achievement.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • vasselmeyervasselmeyer Frets: 3672
    All it means to me now is that my pub quiz team usually finishes in the top five.

• guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14300
    tFB Trader
    I got my A levels in 1986 with a B and an E and two other grades which were so bad they didn't even count. The B was in General Studies. I really was a lazy little git.
    I never turned up to get my results, so to this day don't know what I achieved - lost interest 1/2 way through - stayed on until the end, but assumed failed 3 exams 
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16297
    This time last year we learned that my youngest had completely stuffed up the first year of his A levels. So this year waiting to see how the first year of his new course has gone.

MrsTheWeary taken the opportunity to say to me ' you never had this worry did you' as her annual dig at my lack of any A levels. 
    Triple Distinction on his first year of his BTEC. In a year’s time he is going to be a damn good qualified music technician/ unemployed. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28339
    Way way back I got either a D or an E for my solitary A level - art. I don't even remember which I got now. Took pride of place amongst my three grade C O-levels.
  • Tone71Tone71 Frets: 625
    edited August 2018
    I only took a few CSE's and wasn't invited to take any O Levels.

So totally chuffed today my son got 3 A Level passes, whatever he chooses to do now is up to him, I'd have loved to been in his position at his age, he has surpassed his parents in education and I'm really proud.

Congrats to everyone else too.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24581
    axisus said:
    Way way back I got either a D or an E for my solitary A level - art. I don't even remember which I got now. Took pride of place amongst my three grade C O-levels.
    You are Rodney Trotter and ICM £5 :D
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11458

My nephew got 3 Bs and the place he wanted, so he's happy.

My daughters aren't at that age yet.  We are having to think about which secondary school to send the oldest one to. Might make a small difference to what she gets in 7 or 8 years time.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom