Jack Thammarat Signature Tremolo Springs??

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• daveyhdaveyh Frets: 684
    edited August 2018
    daveyh said:
    If people subscribe to the idea that the trem springs in a strat contribute to the sound, the natural reverb thing, then upgrading your trem springs should’nt be too much to believe, right?
    How can you tell that these are an upgrade?
    Well, from the description they must be!

I bet if these were Eric Johnson sigs this thread would be more like ‘do they really make that much difference?’
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22874
    daveyh said:
    daveyh said:
    If people subscribe to the idea that the trem springs in a strat contribute to the sound, the natural reverb thing, then upgrading your trem springs should’nt be too much to believe, right?
    How can you tell that these are an upgrade?
    Well, from the description they must be!

I bet if these were Eric Johnson sigs this thread would be more like ‘do they really make that much difference?’
    If it was an Eric Johnson thread everyone would be going on about hearing the difference between batteries.
  • SnagsSnags Frets: 5380
    impmann said:
    I'm sorry but I call bullshit on those marketing lines...

"Balanced tone" - wtf, compared to what exactly?
    "Providing a better sensation" - than what? Based on what?
    "Clearer notes and dynamics" - compared to what? What evidence have you got?
    "Enables Rhythm guitar riffs to be played effectively" - yes, so can the cheap shit in an Encore copy

Someone ought to take them to the ASA over that.

What a load of bollocks.
    And my pickups make you more attractive to women, make receding hairlines grow back, give you and instant six pack ... while enabling you to play all night .... 
    Honest guv ...  

I'm going to hold you to that when mine arrive.

Although to be fair, the first one wouldn't be hard to improve on, and the second isn't  an issue.  The fourth likewise. So basically, the six pack is your only real challenge here. But it's a significant one.
  • SporkySporky Frets: 28259
    Philly_Q said:

If it was an Eric Johnson thread everyone would be going on about hearing the difference between batteries.
    Which is daft, 'cos the physics has already been explained and it's dead easy to test yourself...
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22874
    edited August 2018
    Sporky said:
    Philly_Q said:

Which is daft, 'cos the physics has already been explained and it's dead easy to test yourself...
    I wasn't expressing an opinion one way or another.  But I know batteries have an effect, I still remember a funny little headphone amp I bought from a small ad in the back of Sounds when I was at university.  It made extraordinary random gibbering chattering raygun sounds whenever the battery started running down (normally about 20 minutes after putting a new battery in).  I loved it and I wish I still had it, but batteries aren't cheap if you're a student.

But that's off topic.  I'm still excited that these springs will enable me - or perhaps only Jack Thammarat - to play rhythm guitar riffs effectively.  Where have they been all my life?
  • axisus said:
    I remember him winning Guitarist of the year some years back. He does a lot of stuff for the Jamtracks site. Yeah, very good for those who like melodic instrumental widdlers 
    great turn of phrase "melodic instrumental widdlers" @axisus ;
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • StormshadowGuitarsStormshadowGuitars Frets: 1218
    tFB Trader
    So if you install these you immediately get the VH Balance tone? Yes??
  • thermionicthermionic Frets: 9633
    Jack Thammarat is the Russ Andrews of springs. He should bring out his version of the wee one that keeps the tremolo arm from hanging loose. Think of the dynamics, balance tone and sensation we're missing out on.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom