A morning with two LP’s

What's Hot
poopotpoopot Frets: 9099
edited August 2018 in Guitar
For those of you that read the "Making and Modding" section of the forum you may have seen my recent thread on the "swimming pool tele"...

A couple of days ago I paid to visit mr @customkits workshop to get the neck pocket routed out to the correct depth... Grrrrrrr...

Whilst I was there a couple of his builds were thrust into my hands and a phone pointed in my direction.

I have to say, Im not the biggest fan of Gibbo type stuff... but... these are miles away from anything I have played from Gibson.

The "replica" is simply f*&king stunning to play, for some reason there seems to be more "space" above the 12th (something to do with "true historic snail lengths" (god knows how you measure a snail in the first place).

But the tone... oh my giddy aunt... awesome sounding stuff...

Excuse the shonky playing, iPhone recording and knees on show...

https://youtu.be/SoeLX_Qntd4

https://youtu.be/RVTRkzKRjQA

Like i said, not a fan of Gibbo stuff at all... but next time I visit I will flutter my eye lashes and maybe show a bit more leg in the hopes I can sneak one away from him...

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• munckeemunckee Frets: 12390
    How I dream of being so shonky,

im not into LPs but p90 versions always sound great to me. I can possibly see a gold top in my future!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • poopotpoopot Frets: 9099
    munckee said:
    How I dream of being so shonky,

im not into LPs but p90 versions always sound great to me. I can possibly see a gold top in my future!
    Speak to @customkits better than anything Gibson put out!... 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28339
    Interesting .... Snail length. I've always relied on slugs personally
  • underdogunderdog Frets: 8334
    Jesus if that was "shonky" playing then god knows what mine is, sounded great (both guitar and player)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Jez6345789Jez6345789 Frets: 1783
    Sound and video clips always do it for me. Have to say @customkits ; those both sound superb right on the money, sure they play just as nice. Who would not want that special in their stash.
  • earwighoneyearwighoney Frets: 3497
    edited August 2018
    poopot said:

The "replica" is simply f*&king stunning to play, for some reason there seems to be more "space" above the 12th (something to do with "true historic snail lengths" (god knows how you measure a snail in the first place).

Great playing.

I've played a few of his guitars and the TV Yellow Special was the one that I found the most fun to play, but the bursts are always special.  Darren mentioned the Mojo Low Wind PAF's were great and they sound it for sure.  
  • DanielsguitarsDanielsguitars Frets: 3297
    tFB Trader
    underdog said:
    Jesus if that was "shonky" playing then god knows what mine is, sounded great (both guitar and player)
    Why do you think i get other people to play em, my playing is rubbish, i still enjoy it though 
    www.danielsguitars.co.uk
    (formerly customkits)
  • DanielsguitarsDanielsguitars Frets: 3297
    tFB Trader
    Sound and video clips always do it for me. Have to say @customkits ; those both sound superb right on the money, sure they play just as nice. Who would not want that special in their stash.
    yeah but you still need a goldtop, burst, custom and dc junior, i do like that special though and it's all limba with a bubinga fretboard 
    www.danielsguitars.co.uk
    (formerly customkits)