Comments

• blueskunkblueskunk Frets: 2877
    Bloody traditionalist :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • meltedbuzzboxmeltedbuzzbox Frets: 10339
    blueskunk said:
    Pao ferrerorororororo board mate.
    Although it does seem to make some people jump out of windows.
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • DrJazzTapDrJazzTap Frets: 2168
    Agree that looks £1000 too expensive.
    I would love to change my username, but I fully understand the T&C's (it was an old band nickname). So please feel free to call me Dave.
    blueskunk said:
    Pao ferrerorororororo board mate.
    Although it does seem to make some people jump out of windows.
    @meltedbuzzbox ;

Crazy I know. I remember when folks seemed to hold it in high esteem. 

You might have just converted me to Jazzmasters. I got some nice pickups, a proper set up and it’s a lovely light/resonant guitar with tone for days. 

Like the beloved Jaguar, it seems once you have them set up correctly with bridge conversion, bobs ya uncle. 

Kicking myself really, got some Seymour Duncan’s but didn’t think of sorting the crappy Japanese wiring.

You ain’t got a loom kicking about, in your box of offset tricks ?

@blueskunk hello Immy. 
    I'll be honest mate the Japanese loom is good enough, once you change the pickups you've sorted out the biggest issue (I'm sure others will disagree).

I sold my last loom. I always go mojo if I need one doing though. 
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    Ok dude, Corning from a man with such experience, I’ll take that mate. 

See what happens :) 
  • danodano Frets: 1594
    I was really hoping to see a three neck Jazzmaster. 

But I did like what I saw 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • valevale Frets: 1052
    Whitecat said:
    francer said:
    It’s not really for me either, but could be interesting I guess.

The write up bugs me though, Kurt Cobain never played a Jazzmaster.
    Yeah, just read the whole thing now. Talk about not doing your homework.
    "it managed to find its way into the hands of players like Kurt Cobain who completely broke the rulebook and turned this instrument into an icon for experimentation".

the devil's in the detail. in another life i would have taken an LLB and become a barrister to fear.
    hofner hussie & hayman harpie. what she said...
  • WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5429
    vale said:
    Whitecat said:
    francer said:

"it managed to find its way into the hands of players like Kurt Cobain who completely broke the rulebook and turned this instrument into an icon for experimentation".

the devil's in the detail. in another life i would have taken an LLB and become a barrister to fear.
    No jury in the land would declare that someone *like* Kevin Shields is *like* Kurt Cobain. ;)
    Whitecat said:
    vale said:
    Whitecat said:
    francer said:

No jury in the land would declare that someone *like* Kevin Shields is *like* Kurt Cobain. ;)
    I think Kurt would have shot himself sooner if that were the case