NAD: Vox AC10C1

ChuffolaChuffola Frets: 2026
All my life I wanted to be a gangster.

Not really. But all my life I’ve only ever bought Fender valve amps -not always had a valve amp, so I’ve  had all sorts of others, but for a proper amp I’ve always gone Fender. HRD, Blues Junior, Princeton, DRRI. 

Today has has changed my view entirely coz this little 10w beauty is all sorts of lovely. 

It’s loud! Probably a bit too loud for home but it has such a deep, warm tone and the reverb... it’s digital but, frankly, hands down sounds as good, if not better, than any accutronics springs I’ve ever had.

Currently playing a couple of Strats (soon to be one, I think) and I feel like Rory without the hair, plaid shirts and talent.

Vox, it appears, Rox.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• dazzajldazzajl Frets: 5793
    Congratulations. This is about the only type of review I’ve heard for this latest AC10 and I’ve still never heard one. 
  • Adam_MDAdam_MD Frets: 3420
    Nice any pics Chuffola?  I haven’t seen a gas post from you in ages.  
  • ChuffolaChuffola Frets: 2026
    I'll stick a couple up tomorrow @Adam_MD - first thing of note I've bought in ages, really. 
  • Adam_MDAdam_MD Frets: 3420
    Enjoy it dude  =)
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72566
    I worked on one recently - for nothing worse than a blown valve - and I thought it sounded really nice.

The criticisms you will see are of the speaker and the overall build quality, which are fair up to a point - but it sounds fine even with the speaker it has, so may be even better with an upgrade (although unfortunately the position of the power valves rules out an Alnico); and although the lack of a proper enclosed chassis looks a bit cheap inside, I can't see it actually causing any practical issues.

Digital reverb is also better than a cheap spring these days - and in fact modern Accutronics are some of the worst for failing.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• ChuffolaChuffola Frets: 2026
    Good to know @ICBM -cheers!