Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

After All These Years Of Spending, Playing & Buying/Selling - Where Are You Now ???

What's Hot

Comments

• ricorico Frets: 1220
    I use my LP Standard with Mules into a Matamp GTL. I have a modest pedalboard mainly for the TU3, Phase 90 & Pharoah and a 535 wah.

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • teradaterada Frets: 5114
    Thinking of selling most of it and going back to basics
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • meltedbuzzboxmeltedbuzzbox Frets: 10339
    TTBZ said:
    My gear and playing is currently at an all time low. Had to sell my amp to pay off some bills so right now my entire gear list is down to:

Gibson SG standard 
    No-name awful parts strat that's not worth selling
    Korg pitchblack
    BYOC Tubescreamer
    Fuzzdogs raw fuzz
    DD7
    2x12 cab

A very sad state of affairs indeed. I regret selling my 2 Les Pauls for sure! Most of the time I play through Amplitube which isn't particularly inspiring! Right now I'd love a good digital option for playing at home with headphones or monitors as I can't see a band situation cropping up any time soon. May even sell the cab to help fund something. Still want a Helix LT but a firebox or old Pod is looking more likely. I know I should be happy for the nice bits I have but the whole situation has me feeling down on guitar right now.
    @TTBZ I can give you a line 6 spider amp fella.
    It's not going to be boutique toanz but it's better than a punch in the face. Pm me if you are interested
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    0reaction image LOL 6reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • King85King85 Frets: 631
    This 80% of the time

The other 20% is covered by 2 acoustics, 4 electrics, 2 basses and a lapslide :)
    Whats the pedal with the bee/pig and ice cream on it?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mli3mli3 Frets: 206

After All These Years Of Spending, Playing & Buying/Selling - Where Are You Now ???

Nowhere ! Got some stunning guitars , a beautiful Carr amp, and just don’t get any time to play or practice.
    2 young kids, a baby, job that means I have to get to bed relatively early... my evening doesn’t ever really start till now! Just before 9pm, and still have a few chores to do. 
    My stuff is in the room next to the baby’s etc etc. 

You could say im making excuses.. you’re probably right. Please tell me it will change ? 
  • GadgetGadget Frets: 895
    mli3 said:

Nowhere ! Got some stunning guitars , a beautiful Carr amp, and just don’t get any time to play or practice.
    2 young kids, a baby, job that means I have to get to bed relatively early... my evening doesn’t ever really start till now! Just before 9pm, and still have a few chores to do. 

You could say im making excuses.. you’re probably right. Please tell me it will change ? 
    It gets better.

I had to take an enforced break when the kids arrived, but as they get past toddler age you get more and more of your life back.
    I think, therefore.... I... ummmm........
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8538
    mli3 said:

Same deal for me, right down to the Carr amp! Recently purchased Universal Audio OX has got me playing a lot more though as it’s a headphone solution I actually want to play.
  • Dan86Dan86 Frets: 116
    edited August 2018
    Guitars -

2016 Les Paul Standard
    1978 Fender Tele
    Ibanez JS2450
    Taylor K24ce
    Crimson Nebula
    Godin 5th Avenue
    Early 60s strat build in progress

Amp - Laney L5 Studio

Where am I now? I fancy building my own guitars and I want a bass !
    My art/photography : http://danuk86.deviantart.com
  • DrJazzTapDrJazzTap Frets: 2168
    I bought a lovely cheap Rivera combo which sounds lovely. Looking to sell the blues deluxe reissue, possibly part exchange for a bass. Would like to explore home recording set up in the near future.
    I would love to change my username, but I fully understand the T&C's (it was an old band nickname). So please feel free to call me Dave.
  • CMW335CMW335 Frets: 2053
    Guitars -1968 Strat and 1964 Martin D28

Amps - 1953 Fender Champ, Hiwatt practice amp from Noel Gallaghers collection on reverb

Recording - Mac-book, focusrite 8pre x, Adam Audio A7x, Shure KSM9, 2 sm81’s and 2 sm7’s
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12400
    Dan86 said:
    Guitars -

2016 Les Paul Standard
    1978 Fender Tele
    Ibanez JS2450
    Taylor K24ce
    Crimson Nebula
    Godin 5th Avenue
    Early 60s strat build in progress

Amp - Laney L5 Studio

Where am I now? I fancy building my own guitars and I want a bass !
    Don’t get anymore frets Dan!

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • 19791979 Frets: 87
    I think over the last 15 years I’ve had about 60 guitars ranging in style and price. But I think for now the PRS CE24 that I’ve been trying to sell is satisfying my home playing needs, just through the excellent Vox Adio handbag amp. Mind you, I do quite fancy a Squier Bronco bass for messing around with....
  • JonHoskerJonHosker Frets: 395
    Guitars...double bound Fender CS tele, Peach 10th anniv. CS Strat, Takamine acoustic with tube preamp.
    Amp....Carr Sportsman
    Pedals....Xotic Wah, Thorpy Vet Ge, Ryra Klon, Origin Revival Drive, Empress Echosystem, Walrus Monument trem.
    Want to buy...Walrus Julia, maybe Neo Mini Vent 2, reverb pedal....but funds lacking!!!
    Gibson SG dreaming...but Derek Trucks I am not!! 
    Happy and enjoying not loosing money swapping stuff ... keeping £ afloat theae days is a priority! 
    Reckon I started buying and trading in 2007.
    Finally found.....song comes to mind!
  • Winny_PoohWinny_Pooh Frets: 7776
    @King85 its a fuzzdog Supreaux kit with DIY artwork.

https://i.imgur.com/PLWDhAM.jpg
    0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Dan86Dan86 Frets: 116
    munckee said:

Don’t get anymore frets Dan!

Well spotted, I didn't even notice :)
    My art/photography : http://danuk86.deviantart.com
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TTBZTTBZ Frets: 2901
    TTBZ I can give you a line 6 spider amp fella.
    It's not going to be boutique toanz but it's better than a punch in the face. Pm me if you are interested
    Wow thank you for the very generous offer but I'm sure there are others far more deserving of being given an amp than me! Was just a bit miffed earlier as I've had band related let-downs which puts a downer on playing for me.
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12400
    @King85 its a fuzzdog Supreaux kit with DIY artwork.

https://i.imgur.com/PLWDhAM.jpg
    That’s great stuff. 
  • cbellangacbellanga Frets: 572
    Perfect timing thread and interesting to see so many others also downsizing... I used to have an exponential amount of gear considering my playing abilities but have been rationalising things lately so now I have:

2 x Taylors acoustic (steel and nylon)
    2 x fenders (strat and a tele)
    1 x Gibson (cs336)

1 main pedalboard with an amplifire 6 and soon to arrive an eventide h9
    1 x QSC K8.2 doubling as frfr 
    1 x fender combo (original 60s non-reverb Princeton)

Still would love another lazy j20 but I always end up taking the modeller to play live, the consistency and convenience are very handy
  • NelsonPNelsonP Frets: 3400
    mli3 said:

Do you have a modeller and headphones? That makes it much easier to play when the little ones are sleeping.
  • BlackjackBlackjack Frets: 248
    edited August 2018
    Oh dear, this is going to be embarrassing for someone of my such beginners status....

Amps

Fender Hot Rod Deluxe III Silver Bullet Special Edition (far more amp than I need but I love it)
    Vox AD30VT
    Fender Frontman 10G (came as part of a starter pack. Not even sure where it is!)

Guitars

Squier Classic Vibe Telecaster in 3 colour Sunburst. Electrics upgraded to Baja ones before I bought it. My go-to Guitar 
    Epiphone Les Paul Custom Pro in black 
    Epiphone 339 in red (a surprise present from hubby)
    Squier ‘Stratocaster’ in red that came as part of a beginners starter kit (not normally played, lives away in a bag)
    Stagg Strat lookalike in Black.  Never played, bought of Ebay for £12 as a piece of wall art for a music themed party lol.  Looks nice hanging on the wall though

Lag 12 string acoustic (another surprise from hubby last Xmas.  Really enjoying it)
    Taylor 210CE-K-DLX  my lovely dreadnought electro acoustic 
    Fender cheapie electro acoustic (lives in our dining room and doesn’t get played much)
    Alhambra Spanish acoustic.  Had it since I was a teenager.  Nylon strings, neck like a tree trunk and awful to play

Pedal board

Kinda fluid at the moment as I am gathering toys but includes

Digitech Polara reverb
    Boss Super Chorus
    Boss Digital Delay (works intermittently) 
    Boss Blues Driver
    Boss Loop Station (must learn to use it properly)
    Baby Boom Fuzz Star
    Hand built Marshall pedal 
    TC Electronics Fluorescence Shimmer Reverb

a disgusting amount of gear for a pretty crap player!!

All the gear but no idea........ hhmmmm 

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom