Temp Kemper replacment ?

spark240spark240 Frets: 2086
So using a Kemper at home, cant be bothered to take it to Jams really, looking for a relatively simple MultiFX , what you reckon?

Boss ME something  ?

Line 6 ?

Mac Mini M1
Presonus Studio One V5
 https://www.studiowear.co.uk/ -
 https://twitter.com/spark240
 Facebook - m.me/studiowear.co.uk
Reddit r/newmusicreview 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• dindudedindude Frets: 8539
    If you want really simple try a tech21 flyrig. Better sound than equivalent priced multi fx imo (zoom / line 6 etc). I have one going in classifieds soon, so treat this as it is, but not intended as a sales pitch, just my experience.
  • duotoneduotone Frets: 992
    spark240 said:
    So using a Kemper at home, cant be bothered to take it to Jams really, looking for a relatively simple MultiFX , what you reckon?

Boss ME something  ?

Line 6 ?
    What FX do you need?  & do you need amp modelling?
  • spark240spark240 Frets: 2086
    Basic stuff,,,,overdrive , delay, reverb, chorus....but nothing like the depth of the Kemper for Jams ,

Mac Mini M1
    Presonus Studio One V5
     https://www.studiowear.co.uk/ -
     https://twitter.com/spark240
     Facebook - m.me/studiowear.co.uk
    Reddit r/newmusicreview 
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9586
    dindude said:
    If you want really simple try a tech21 flyrig. Better sound than equivalent priced multi fx imo (zoom / line 6 etc). I have one going in classifieds soon, so treat this as it is, but not intended as a sales pitch, just my experience.
    This
  • TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7811
    If you don't need amp modelling, you could do a lot worse than a 2nd hand boss gt5.
  • andy1839andy1839 Frets: 2197
    dindude said:
    This
    And again this.

I've got a Flyrig Richie Kotzen and use an Archer pedal after it for a solo/volume boost as my Kemper backup.
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9586
    If its just FX, the Helix HX is fantastic
  • drwiddlydrwiddly Frets: 918
    I picked up a used Amplifire 3 from a forum member a while ago. I take it to gigs as a back up but never had to use it (yet!). I have used it for band practice a few times and it's been great. I'd have no hesitation using it for a gig.

if you don't need amp modelling and the Flyrig's a bit pricey, there's the Nux Cerberus or the Mooer Red/Black Truck.
  • meltedbuzzboxmeltedbuzzbox Frets: 10339
    The tech 21 flyrig is immense. 
    Such a great straight to p.a solution with a couple of fx. 
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • mr-macmr-mac Frets: 200
    edited August 2018
    Old digitech thing with iPad on it... iPB-10

its got the same dual processor of the gsp1101 so tones are ball park quality with kemper/axe/helix and it preserves tails... You can use up to 10 stomps in any order and stack OD's etc.

it doesn't have IR files though (however you can sort that by using the mixer slider to fire audio to iPad rather than straight to back panel then use software called "Rooms" to apply the IR's 

Gonna be a lot cheap than other options in the same ball park for quality and i can be sure you won't be disappointed even sans amp straight to PA as you will with a lit of other options in same price area.

• ToneControlToneControl Frets: 11953
    guitar Rig in your laptop?