Daniels guitars builds and finishing

What's Hot

Comments

• DanielsguitarsDanielsguitars Frets: 3290
    tFB Trader
    Got this new set neck offset together and it's definitely my preferred body shape, this is gibson scale and vintage type soft v neck profile, I've got a 6 position freeway switch, master volume and tone plus a blend pot, it puts the middle in series with the neck or bridge plus some more out of phase tones, I really like the silver burst which isn't my usual thing.
    Not sure what I'm calling it, I was thinking the Daniels Hybrid 3 for amount of pickups etc, I want to build this in variations and mix hardware with different pickups, a through neck offset is next, it's built like a firebird just more user friendly.
    The only thing left is a black tusq nut which I'll fit next week.

www.danielsguitars.co.uk
    (formerly customkits)
    0reaction image LOL 6reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • webrthomsonwebrthomson Frets: 1031
    Love the silverburst - thats wicked! :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    tFB Trader
    Love the silverburst - thats wicked! :)
    Thanks Ross, I love the look and makes a great change to my previous finishes, I'll be doing more stuff like this on these models, I get more freedom to try anything I want.
    www.danielsguitars.co.uk
    (formerly customkits)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited July 2023 tFB Trader
    My lightly aged fiesta red pre cbs spec 62 that I made is getting a good thrashing courtesy of Tim Daley a lovely guy and full time guitar teacher.

www.danielsguitars.co.uk
    (formerly customkits)
    tFB Trader
    Finally got my flamed English walnut build strung up and very happy with it, love the sperzel locking tuners, I'll be using more locking ones in future.
    The duesenberg trem and ABM roller bridge are superb bits of engineering too.
    I have a low bridge height to keep friction down as much as possible.
    It's also bloody loud unplugged and balanced which is always nice to hear.
    The binding is rebated into the neck after it's glued in then I bind and glue the fretboard on, it just looks right to me.

www.danielsguitars.co.uk
    (formerly customkits)
    0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    tFB Trader

www.danielsguitars.co.uk
    (formerly customkits)
    0reaction image LOL 7reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited December 2023 tFB Trader
    Finally a proper demo of my Royale 55, more to come, it's being gigged by xander and the peace pirates.

www.danielsguitars.co.uk
    (formerly customkits)
    0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited January 12 tFB Trader
    Mojo old wire p90s are as good as vintage ones and better than my original 56 p90s, they're fitted to my Royale 54 model being played by xander and the peace pirates.

www.danielsguitars.co.uk
    (formerly customkits)
    tFB Trader
    My pugilist 59, demo by Mike from xander and the peace pirates, love these models, I pretty much don't want to play anything else, this thing weighs 7lbs and feels sounds and plays like a good old one.

www.danielsguitars.co.uk
    (formerly customkits)
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    tFB Trader
    This one just needs wiring up, I love everything about this build and the flamed English walnut looks spectacular, it weighs 8.6lbs so not bad considering the tremelo.

www.danielsguitars.co.uk
    (formerly customkits)
    0reaction image LOL 12reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • lovestrat74lovestrat74 Frets: 2526
    That back... that neck  <3

Have a wow dude that’s lovely! Is that a Maple top or something else flamey?

tFB Trader

Have a wow dude that’s lovely! Is that a Maple top or something else flamey?

It's a flame maple top but it wasn't perfect, the customer wanted slightly aged and the shine knocked off the hardware, I don’t really play les Paul's anymore but this thing is fantastic, it weighs 8.6lbs so not bad considering the tremelo.
    www.danielsguitars.co.uk
    (formerly customkits)
    It's a flame maple top but it wasn't perfect, the customer wanted slightly aged and the shine knocked off the hardware, I don’t really play les Paul's anymore but this thing is fantastic, it weighs 8.6lbs so not bad considering the tremelo.
    I actually think the sweet spot for a LP is between 8 and 9 pounds so thats bang on - very nice indeed :)

Ross

tFB Trader
    I actually think the sweet spot for a LP is between 8 and 9 pounds so thats bang on - very nice indeed :)

Ross

This is semi hollow because that walnut weighs a tone, since I built my pugilist 59 I've given up worrying about weight or lack of it, weighed 7lbs and kicks arse so not going back to heavy ever again, I'm moaning about 8lbs now.
    www.danielsguitars.co.uk
    (formerly customkits)
    edited March 31 tFB Trader
    Here's my pugilist 59 being played by Keith Xander, what a fantastic player and band

Well worth a listen, it's a BB type vibe

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C5D7VFLMy4L/?igsh=dHNiM2U0MmdzN3d6
    www.danielsguitars.co.uk
    (formerly customkits)
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14253
    tFB Trader
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^ wow - Sorry but you have to take 2nd place to Keith - That must have taken hours of practice to master the art of picking - What dedication - In awe of such dedication
    tFB Trader
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^ wow - Sorry but you have to take 2nd place to Keith - That must have taken hours of practice to master the art of picking - What dedication - In awe of such dedication
    I've no idea how he does it but he's superb and a great voice too
    www.danielsguitars.co.uk
    (formerly customkits)
  • mgawmgaw Frets: 5262
    That was great playing, irrespective of the “disability “ what a great role model
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    tFB Trader
    mgaw said:
    That was great playing, irrespective of the “disability “ what a great role model
    I agree, another thing is I've been encouraged to carry on building because I was thinking of shutting shop, I'll be working with another couple of bands next and see how it goes, it's tough making a living when I could do any crap job for more money and less hours and stress.
    www.danielsguitars.co.uk
    (formerly customkits)