single coils, bridge ones in particuar....do you like??

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• strtdvstrtdv Frets: 2447
    Depends on what you want out of the pickup. If you want a humbucker sound just get a humbucker, same if you want a tele sound. I like bare knuckle Irish tours, they have plenty of bite but still clarity and refinement.
    Robot Lords of Tokyo, SMILE TASTE KITTENS!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Phil_aka_PipPhil_aka_Pip Frets: 9794
    There are times when I like to play what I call "tinklies". By that I mean, rear pickup/coil split, microPOG (sub=0%,dry=100%, upoctave=60%), subtle delay, subtle chorus. Natch a s/c would do the job, but the rest of the time I want my HB. I use it for pianistic arpeggiated harmony parts. Unfortunately it can be susceptible to mains hum and digital hash, but when it works, I like it.
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
  • ForgeForge Frets: 431

I love Tele bridge pickups, particularly the flat 50's mentioned above - this one can handle pretty much anything you throw at it.

I have struggled for a long time to find a Strat with a great bridge sound but now it is all sorted...boutique pickup I hear you say? Not at all - TexMex bridge combined with a vintage trem...same as the BKP, this one will handle anything and even sound way bigger than it is by turning the tone control down to 6-7.