Tru Oil Rosewood Neck

What's Hot
Anyone used Tru Oil on the back of an all rosewood neck care to share any tips. Is it as simple as wipe on - wipe off?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• WezVWezV Frets: 16759
    Yes, the rosewood really shouldn’t  need much help

• GagarynGagaryn Frets: 1553
    WezV said:
    Yes, the rosewood really shouldn’t  need much help

Thanks- I was hoping it would be that simple! :-)
  • GSPBASSESGSPBASSES Frets: 2351
    tFB Trader
    Yes it is that easy.

Your life will improve when you realise it’s better to be alone than chase people who do not really care about you. Saying YES to happiness means learning to say NO to things and people that stress you out.

https://www.facebook.com/grahame.pollard.39/

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28341
    Mmmmnnnnn ........ can't beat a rosewood neck. Luvverly
    GSPBASSES said:
    Yes it is that easy.

That looks great Graham - have you used tru oil on the fret board of that one?

I wasn't sure if that was a reasonable idea or not. Initial plan was just to tru oil the back and fret doctor or similar on the board - headstock is lacquered so that a waterslide decal could be applied. But if tru oil is okay to use on the board that would save me worrying about accidently applying any there!

• Winny_PoohWinny_Pooh Frets: 7796
    edited August 2018
    I re-did my EBMM neck last year. Truoil on the entire neck (wipe in and wipe off) and wax on the back only. Then buffed
  • GSPBASSESGSPBASSES Frets: 2351
    tFB Trader
    Yes, finger board as well, but no wax.

Your life will improve when you realise it’s better to be alone than chase people who do not really care about you. Saying YES to happiness means learning to say NO to things and people that stress you out.

https://www.facebook.com/grahame.pollard.39/

This gets easier and easier! :-)
  • Jez6345789Jez6345789 Frets: 1797
    Thanks Graham that answer my question if to finish in Tru Oil or sweaty palm el natural
  • KalimnaKalimna Frets: 1543
    The rosewood neck on my homebuild had 2 coats of TruOil, simple wipe on thinly and wipe off each time. No wax for me. The satin finish is on the matt side, and glorious for it. Think it was sanded to either 800 or 1200, cant remember exactly.
    If you ever head over Stirling way from Edinburgh, you're welcome to see how it feels.

Adam
    Kalimna said:
    The rosewood neck on my homebuild had 2 coats of TruOil, simple wipe on thinly and wipe off each time. No wax for me. The satin finish is on the matt side, and glorious for it. Think it was sanded to either 800 or 1200, cant remember exactly.
    If you ever head over Stirling way from Edinburgh, you're welcome to see how it feels.

Adam
    Thanks Adam, that's kind of you but I'm just going to go for it - had decided when I was planning this build to simply oil the neck but wanted to check the process was as simple as I had hoped it would be.
  • KalimnaKalimna Frets: 1543
    Fair enough - enjoy the build :)
  • That neck looks great, it reminds me of a Schecter USA replacement rosewood neck I had  some time ago. I’ve used Tru Oil on lots of necks, usually around 4 coats but no wax.