Amazon DAddario string deals.

What's Hot

Comments

• Winny_PoohWinny_Pooh Frets: 7778
    I know it’s seems silly, and maybe I’m a relic but I’m simply not going to buy music related stuff from Amazon. I don’t mind paying a little more if it keeps these people in business. A world without guitar shops is a world I don’t wanna live in!
    Sets of guitar strings must be make or break sales for all these independents haha. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • longjawlongjaw Frets: 423
    There's also Rotosound Yellow 10-46 2 pack for £7.49 with free P & P (listed on Amazon but the seller is Rock Em), made in the UK:

http://amzn.eu/d/24QTvEG
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • grappagreengrappagreen Frets: 1343
    I know it’s seems silly, and maybe I’m a relic but I’m simply not going to buy music related stuff from Amazon. I don’t mind paying a little more if it keeps these people in business. A world without guitar shops is a world I don’t wanna live in!
    Sets of guitar strings must be make or break sales for all these independents haha. 
    It’s the thin end of the wedge...
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • PhiltrePhiltre Frets: 4173
    Fender strings are also good. £10.45 for a 3-pack is the regular price for 10s:

• crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11459

If you have Prime, and opt for the no hurry delivery, you can normally get £1 credit to spend on Amazon's digital store as well.

It's difficult to know what to do when they are so much cheaper than everywhere else.  I don't like Amazon, but I don't want to spend more than I have to.

In days gone by, strings were probably useful business for guitar shops.  If there are 200 guitarists who use the shop on a regular basis, all spending £50 a year each on strings, that's a turnover of £10k per year on strings.  If you add in other bits that we now buy online like capos, leads and plectrums, you could probably double that.  That would help keep the lights on.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • thegummythegummy Frets: 4389
    It should really be down to the government to stop the tax dodging rather than relying on someone who might have very little money to begin with to choose a more expensive option as a political thing when that purchase won't really make much difference anyway
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 10reaction image Wisdom
  • DefaultMDefaultM Frets: 7344
    edited August 2018
    I just buy my strings from Amazon. I'd buy from an independent shop but ive not got time to go through all their tax accounts just for a bit of moral superiority.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • bwetsbwets Frets: 162
    DefaultM said:
    I just buy my strings from Amazon. I'd buy from an independent shop but ive not got time to go through all their tax accounts just for a bit of moral superiority.
    And no time for spell check. 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited August 2018
    bwets said:
    DefaultM said:

Funder 9-42 strinks aslo a god del on Amzon at £10.25 for a 3-pck:

• HenrytwangHenrytwang Frets: 471
    Great! Just ordered some.
  • Thanks for the post, mine are on the way
    I'm a Grade 4 bedroom guitarist, never played live, who seems to think he needs 5 guitars.
  • cbakaycbakay Frets: 67
    Too bad, great price.

I’ve been trying dadds for the past 3 weeks vs ernies (which I chew through in a week tops)...daddarios too tight and bright for my style (last much longer though)

do deals like this ever come up with ernies, anyone know?
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11793
    cbakay said:
    Too bad, great price.

I’ve been trying dadds for the past 3 weeks vs ernies (which I chew through in a week tops)...daddarios too tight and bright for my style (last much longer though)

do deals like this ever come up with ernies, anyone know?
    Yes they do

Once got a three pack of skinny top heavy bottoms for 6.97 off Amazon
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
    Deal is over, guys. Back up to £14.07 for a 3-pack:

(Still a good price, though)

• crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11459
    Not been posted in the best section of the forum, but Strings Direct have an offer of 20% off D'Addario if you order before the end of today:

• DefaultMDefaultM Frets: 7344
    bwets said:
    DefaultM said:
    That's right. I never remember how to spell dadarrio so I just randomly type D's and R's followed by the word 'strings' and Amazon takes me to them anyway. 
    So much better than my last visit to Spelling Bee Guitars. They wouldn't let me buy a fucking thing.
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • thegummythegummy Frets: 4389
    DefaultM said:
    bwets said:
    DefaultM said:
    That's right. I never remember how to spell dadarrio so I just randomly type D's and R's followed by the word 'strings' and Amazon takes me to them anyway. 
    So much better than my last visit to Spelling Bee Guitars. They wouldn't let me buy a fucking thing.
    I have that problem with a polish maker of guitars or, more well known for basses except I often don't even get close enough for Google to correct it for me. Not even kidding.
  • robgilmorobgilmo Frets: 3501
    It's not just about the tax thing, it's also about the way they treat their employees like robots, I will drive into town to buy my strings.
    A Deuce , a Tele and a cup of tea.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Universal8Universal8 Frets: 134
    robgilmo said:
    It's not just about the tax thing, it's also about the way they treat their employees like robots, I will drive into town to buy my strings.

Nice that you can do that. It’s a 28 mile round trip for me to buy strings in a shop.

• robgilmorobgilmo Frets: 3501
    19 miles to town from here, but we have to go now and then anyway so when we do aI buy strings.
    A Deuce , a Tele and a cup of tea.