Alto TS210 or JBL EON with Helix

What's Hot
JamesDadJamesDad Frets: 37
I've just bought a Line 6 Helix, due to arrive next week, and I've been looking into relatively cost-effective FRFR speaker options. I think I've whittled it down to three; Alto TS210, JBL EON 610 & 612. The Alto is about £100 cheaper, but I've read good things about the EONs too, and they aren't particularly expensive (~£310).

Does anyone have any experience/suggestions/advice for why I should go for a particular one of these? 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• MegiiMegii Frets: 1670
    I have a pair of Alto TS210, and I like them, no plans to change. But unable to offer any comparison to the JBL EON's I'm afraid. One thing I can say is I'm glad I went for the 10" speaker option, just on grounds of portability and easy transport. Alto TS 310 might be worth a look also, as does not seem to be much more cost at the moment.

• JamesDadJamesDad Frets: 37
    Thanks for your reply. Is the TS310 just a more powerful version of the TS210, or are there other benefits?
  • John_AJohn_A Frets: 3775
    I had a TS210 before I got my Yamaha DXR-10, the difference in both volume and sound quality is worth shelling out for the Yamaha if you are gigging and particularly if you are using it for your back line sound.  For home playing or just monitoring the TS210 will be great
    JamesDad said:
    Thanks for your reply. Is the TS310 just a more powerful version of the TS210, or are there other benefits?
    I do gig often with either one or two TS210's, sometimes with a direct feed to the PA from the Helix also, just for the record, I took advice from a pro jazz/fusion guitarist before getting them - he felt they had a character that suited that kind of sound. These things are supposed to be totally neutral I know, but in practice I doubt anything is perfectly - people have their reasons for choosing one over another. Suits me well anyhow.

I think it is basically just more power though - they bumped up the specs of the drivers, and changed the amp specs, as I understand it. Also it weighs a few pounds more I believe. Saying this, I have to admit I've never had a situation where I was short of power with the 210s.

Someone was selling a Yamaha DXR10 on here I think, maybe worth a look...
  • andyozandyoz Frets: 718
    Yamaha DXR series is great and has massive warranty.
  • JamesDadJamesDad Frets: 37
    Thanks for the DXR10 suggestion Megii. It was Jetfire selling one, which I've just bought.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    JamesDad said:
    Thanks for the DXR10 suggestion Megii. It was Jetfire selling one, which I've just bought.
    Good stuff, I'm sure that will work out really well for you. :)