SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD: Patrick Eggle Vienna Pro, 1994 - even more pictures added

What's Hot
RevMattRevMatt Frets: 836
edited August 2018 in Guitars £
Here's one I thought I wouldn't sell but I need to release the cash (sorry,  no trades).

This is a Vienna Pro from 1994. For those more familiar with the flagship Berlin,  the Vienna is essentially a slightly bigger version,  size wise it's more in keeping with a PRS CU/CE.

The Vienna was only made for a few years from around 1992-1994, so there aren't many around. They were also £300 more than the equivalent Berlin model at the time,  making this a rare opportunity to buy a stunning example for a great price. 

In terms of spec the Vienna is similar to the Berlin - mahogany body,  carved maple top,  mahogany set neck with 24 fret ebony fingerboard.  

Tuners are locking Sperzels and the bridge is the Wilkinson PE100 - this is slightly more traditional in function compared to the convertible bridge used on the Berlin. 

Pickups are a pair of Seymour Duncan (Pearly Gates / Alnico Pro II) humbuckers which are governed by a master volume,  master tone and 5 way selector which offer coil split sounds in positions 2 & 4.

The guitar is beautiful to play with a great neck and very well balanced feel. Tonally, it's very versatile and can cover a great range of styles from the humbuckers,  with very good single coil sounds available too. 

This guitar is 24 years old and has been used. But, it remains in exceptionally good condition. Here's a summary of the noteworthy aspects of its condition:
There is a little cloudiness int he lacquer around the headstock (I believe a quirk of the finishing process rather than damage)
The transparent plastic volume knob appears to have cracked inside (not the pots, just the knob)
There are some very tiny marks here and there
The black truss rod cover is damaged and although included, the guitar comes with a wooden one fitted
Overall it's a stunning guitar that has been very well looked after. It's in perfect working order and plays very well.

It comes with the Patrick Eggle branded Hiscox case and hang tag

Price: £850 - postage at cost. 

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments