Slow news day thread..

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24391
    I imagine a coin or other weight like a small stone inside would resolve the issue.
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.
    Chips are "Plant-based" no matter how you cook them
    Donald Trump needs kicking out of a helicopter
    I'm personally responsible for all global warming
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Jimbro66Jimbro66 Frets: 2430
    I'd assumed those crisp bags were all from Pete Doherty's lunch. He would have still been feeling peckish after that breakfast.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • bingefellerbingefeller Frets: 5723
    He looks like a hobo.
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7344
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>

All that money and can’t buy himself a flannel and a bar of soap 
    Im going to speculate that years of rampant drug abuse etc means he does in fact not have that much money at all

He got it free - it's a challenge meal, eat it all in a set time and it's free. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • DrJazzTapDrJazzTap Frets: 2169
    His hands look like he has been rifling through the coal bag. 4000 calories every 20 years isn't too bad though. 
    I would love to change my username, but I fully understand the T&C's (it was an old band nickname). So please feel free to call me Dave.
  • KilgoreKilgore Frets: 8600
    Any update on this story? Is he now scoffing a curry and pint deal in Wetherspoons?
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • notanonnotanon Frets: 610
    I call BS marketing trick and never happened. I actually complained to BBC the other day about that article asking why  are they being used as a marketing site with tax payer money.
  • notanon said:
    I call BS marketing trick and never happened. I actually complained to BBC the other day about that article asking why  are they being used as a marketing site with tax payer money.
    Of all the stories on BBC news showing all kinds of unelected bias, it's this story which led you to complain?!
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12410
    What the BBC are marketing a greasy spoon cafe?
    notanon said:
    Of all the stories on BBC news showing all kinds of unelected bias, it's this story which led you to complain?!
     @thecolourbox ;why do you think that? It is the story in the OP. I'm well aware of media bias thanks.

Not sure why the swipe?

munckee said:
    I know a few cases of fabricated events that made it on local TV station. One was a small record shop a couple of decades ago and ITV ran it - boosted trade nicely.
  • ChalkyChalky Frets: 6811
    edited August 2018
    notanon said:
    munckee said:
    I know a few cases of fabricated events that made it on local TV station. One was a small record shop a couple of decades ago and ITV ran it - boosted trade nicely.
    Used to be called a 'puff story', an article that puffs up the image of a local business who in turn would buy some paid advertising in the local rag further down the line.

Its rife on the BBC website and questions have been asked in the past about little series of articles about Paul McCartney, Adele, Kate Bush, etc nicely leading up to their show tours and album releases.  Incredibly high viz advertising for free at licence payers expense, and no doubt some backhanders for a few folks.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • thecolourboxthecolourbox Frets: 9822
    edited August 2018
    notanon said:
    notanon said:
     @thecolourbox ;;why do you think that? It is the story in the OP. I'm well aware of media bias thanks.

Not sure why the swipe?

No swipe intended, just amused me that a benign story such as this was what tipped it over the edge for you I can sympathise as I complained once about West Midlands Railway's grammar but have never bothered to complain about their inability to run the railways in the West Midlands
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
    I read this and the headline described it as a "police crash" and I thought, that's not nice. Then the details show the copper fell off his bicycle.

So not quite the drama that the original headline suggested :)

Bystanders film Coventry police officer knocked off bike during chase - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-coventry-warwickshire-45350020
    A whole article about one bloke who gets annoyed when people say his name wrong. B)

Imagine this was about a bloke named William who got annoyed when people called him Will, Bill, or Billy?  How interesting would that be?  I know some folks get really wound up by it. Many people say my name wrong but I gave up correcting them in primary school because I decided it would no longer annoy me.  It does not deserve a new article.

Maybe its just a puff story for his podcast?

'I'm Bilal, so please don't call me Billy' - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/stories-45374443

• VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 15568
    top story down here last week was cow gets stuck down cliff. There is a happy ending though (no, not that sort of happy ending) the cow was rescued.
    It's what we love about living down here, in the London news it was all murders and stabbings and shit, here it's cows getting rescued. 

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom