Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Hiwatt DR103 that pedal show power boost special

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• borntohangborntohang Frets: 159
    Don't know about any continuing Harrison connections so I will refrain from comment, but I will say that I've known most of the current UK Custom Shop builders for years before they joined Hiwatt and they're top guys and girls. They've been extremely kind to us this festival season and hooked us up with some Custom 50's and dummy cabs on loan - superb and unique-sounding amps that are louder than an extremely loud thing. Don't think I brought it above 4 or 5 on the master all summer, even on the big stages.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DopesickDopesick Frets: 1510
    Has anybody tried the Ceriatone Hiwatt clones?

Well...not specifically 'clones' but tweaked versions of the Hiwatt model under the name 'Hey What' - they have a 504 which I'm quite tempted by at a decent price (just a smidgen over $1k).
  • prlgmnrprlgmnr Frets: 3992
    edited September 2018
    glynes said:
    @glynes I'm assuming that Dan knows his pedals and effects extremely well. 
    Yeah, it's easy to fall into that trap because the production values are great and the playing & sounds are acceptable too.

ooof, cutting like a treble booster straight into a high-headroom clean amp.
  • impmann said:
    Allegedly the 400 I shared a stage with was built for Entwhistle. I think he still has it... but it rarely goes out. 

@impmann ;
    Isn't he dead?
  • impmann said:
    Allegedly the 400 I shared a stage with was built for Entwhistle. I think he still has it... but it rarely goes out. 

@impmann ;
    Isn't he dead?
    www.mandelaeffect.com
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • KylefKylef Frets: 1072
    The Harrisons are nothing to do with the current U.K. Hiwatt anymore. 
  • OctafishOctafish Frets: 1937
    Kylef said:
    The Harrisons are nothing to do with the current U.K. Hiwatt anymore. 
    Shame they don't seem to have any decent distribution set up in the UK in London. They list a shop and a studio, but no stock viewable or with prices online.
  • There are prices somewhere. I think a dr103 and cab are something mental like 5k
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • You can still pick them up relatively cheap if you are patient. I've bought and sold 2 in them last few years.... amazing amps but are definitely hard on the ears. A very direct kinda sound that's hard to describe. 
    Give a man a fire and he's warm for the day. But set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life
  • ricorico Frets: 1220
    Dopesick said:
    Has anybody tried the Ceriatone Hiwatt clones?

Well...not specifically 'clones' but tweaked versions of the Hiwatt model under the name 'Hey What' - they have a 504 which I'm quite tempted by at a decent price (just a smidgen over $1k).
    Ahhh so that's what the Hey What is based on, been pondering that one for ages.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom