Best Strat for around £1000?

What's Hot
PVO_DavePVO_Dave Frets: 2375
Since having my office/music room built, I can’t really keep guitars all over the house, I don’t want the new room too cluttered either, will all the wall space used up and two guitars already on floor stands I’m considering selling two Strats (1 special partscaster and 1 Raygun relic) and a GSP JM build I was going to do as I’d rather not have more guitars around to fettle with when I should really be concentrating on playing. 

Thought is is that I could sell the above and have around a grand. I’d be looking at secondhand rather than new. This would mean no guitars in cupboards and the replacement Strat would go in the music room. 

Not 100% set on this yet, but keen on your thoughts. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• SchnozzSchnozz Frets: 1950
    For around a grand I'd go G&L every time - I would recommend the George Fullerton Signature if you're after traditional, or a HB/Invader if you're after versatile.
  • kswilson89kswilson89 Frets: 222
    Haar in the Netherlands really is an excellent option around this price point. Easily on par with the Fender Custom Shop
  • AuldReekieAuldReekie Frets: 196
    Levinson Blade RH4,second hand, is within your budget.  Best strats ever!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • meltedbuzzboxmeltedbuzzbox Frets: 10339
    Isn't there a CS deluxe in the classifieds for 1200?
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • TeyeplayerTeyeplayer Frets: 3222
    Isn't there a CS deluxe in the classifieds for 1200?
    Was just going to say just this. Not affiliated but it’s a beaut and a bargain.
  • teradaterada Frets: 5114
    I was going to say a second hand 62 (or 57) reissue strat, but a quick search is now showing these at a little above £1k.

If you can find one in your price range though, they are superb.
  • jimmyguitarjimmyguitar Frets: 2473
    I think the Eric Johnson sigs are quite highly regarded and are around that budget?
  • WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5431
    Personally I'd probably seek out a clean American Standard (or Pro even, but they might be too new to find that many of) and upgrade some bits if I felt the need to - which you may not anyway. But a Std, depending on age/config could come in under and leave you with a bit of cash to work on it.
  • PVO_DavePVO_Dave Frets: 2375
    Thanks all

@grappagreen - looks great, don’t expect you are far away either in Herts (I’m in Beds) but it’s going to take me a while to move the others on I imagine and no spare cash at the minute, moving house has taken care of any savings I had :)

I’ll get some for sale threads up today
  • SteveFSteveF Frets: 538
    edited August 2018
    Haar in the Netherlands really is an excellent option around this price point. Easily on par with the Fender Custom Shop
    Only seen one of these - the one Paul Davids plays in his YT channel.  It's gorgeous. Dunno why but I never got around to looking them up and assumed it was very expensive.  Now I'm intrigued! :P 

EDIT - a just looked again.  His tele is the Haar and his Strat is a Fender CS.  Both lovely!
  • drwiddlydrwiddly Frets: 918
    Levinson Blade RH4,second hand, is within your budget.  Best strats ever!

^^^^^^ This!
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11460
    Second Hand AVRI
  • A used K-Line Springfield
  • GassageGassage Frets: 30928
    2nd hand Eric Johnson, no competition

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

• jrc2806jrc2806 Frets: 64
    Really nice second hand EJ Strat just come in to Peach Guitars. Was going to look at it myself but would also need to sell others first! Might be worth a look.......
  • tone1tone1 Frets: 5169
    I had a Mexican Road Worn which was lovely. Well below a grand 2nd Hand  :)
  • Either an AVRI or save your money and get a CS relic in due course. Keep the Raygun and play it to fook until you’ve got at least 2k for the CS
  • brooombrooom Frets: 1175
    edited August 2018
    If you want to really get bellow the 1000 mark, go find a 1979-1982 Greco se500. Cheap and really good. If £1000 is what you're looking to spend, there's a seller with a 1981 Greco SE800 on reverb right now, and he will negotiate. Any option will keep you well within budget and you'll have an awesome strat.